Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #1
rongrzywacz
AF Newbie

2010 Trans filter change - Drop Exaust?

I have a 2010 5.3 silverado, extended cab 2WD with 100K Miles on it. It's time to change the transmission fluid and Filter. It looks like there is an exaust pipe that runs about 3-4 inches under the transmission pan. Can I drop the pan without removing the exhaust pipe so i can change the filter??

Thanks for any help.
Ron G
rongrzywacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:05 AM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: 2010 Trans filter change - Drop Exaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongrzywacz View Post
I have a 2010 5.3 silverado, extended cab 2WD with 100K Miles on it. It's time to change the transmission fluid and Filter. It looks like there is an exaust pipe that runs about 3-4 inches under the transmission pan. Can I drop the pan without removing the exhaust pipe so i can change the filter??

Thanks for any help.
Ron G
you should not have a problem with the exhaust pipes. some have had a problem but the pipes were closer for some reason but not the norm.. pipes should not be close to the pan not good !!!! heat kills..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:08 AM   #3
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: 2010 Trans filter change - Drop Exaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongrzywacz View Post

Thanks for any help.
Ron G
the fluid and filter need replacing 40K miles. also you must use the dexronVI ...

replacing at 100K is not good. GM has made claims of this 100k transmission servicing but only under unrealistic conditions no heat no cold no hills no cargo etc...

hopefully you will not have any problems ..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado