Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 07:59 PM   #1
sanders71
AF Newbie

'01 2500hd hyper turn signals

I have an 01 2500hd crew cab which has turn signals that flash at hyper speed. the only bulb that wont work is the passenger side outer turn signal. i believe its a 194 bulb. it has no power to it. i changed the short harness and socket and still no power. the turn signal switch has been changed recently for another issue and this didn't correct the turn signal issue. is this a known common issue or do i need to pull apart my wiring harness and start chasing wires? turn signals work but blink extremely fast and it is a little annoying. thanks for any suggestions.
sanders71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #2
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: '01 2500hd hyper turn signals

I've seen this happen a few times all on different cars, and every time it was a relay going bad. It always started as a speedy flash like you're describing and then the flashing stopped and the light would either just stay on, or stop working altogether. Anyway, the relay is the most likely culprit.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:54 AM   #3
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: '01 2500hd hyper turn signals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders71 View Post
I have an 01 2500hd crew cab which has turn signals that flash at hyper speed. the only bulb that wont work is the passenger side outer turn signal. i believe its a 194 bulb. it has no power to it. i changed the short harness and socket and still no power. the turn signal switch has been changed recently for another issue and this didn't correct the turn signal issue. is this a known common issue or do i need to pull apart my wiring harness and start chasing wires? turn signals work but blink extremely fast and it is a little annoying. thanks for any suggestions.
with the battery ground removed from the battery get OHM meter and check to see if the wiring to this bulb is shorted. if shorted then this will cause this effect you have.

you will have to find where this happened. follow these wires back look for damaged wire harness etc.. make sure wire harness has LOOM material over it.
this could end up being under the dash.esp. if the steering column was just messed with..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado