Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 05:40 PM   #1
cshults
AF Newbie

Dash parts

Hi all -

The driver side speaker grille and the defrost vent cover on my 01 have both broken and need to be replaced. I have found replacements on Rock Auto but they are the wrong color, so I'm wondering a couple things..

1) Does anyone know of any other sources for these parts that carry additional colors?

2) Does anyone know the color code/name for interior plastics on an 01 Platinum Edition? It's not a dark grey color, it has the light gray or light tan colored (depends on the light) interior, see pic. I think I can buy the paint and then just paint the rock auto ones.

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dash.jpg (271.0 KB, 3 views)
cshults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:26 PM   #2
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

Re: Dash parts

You might try the junkyards. I found a used grill for my Bravada in Michigan. It was the right color so I had it shipped here.

"Cornbread Red", 2001 Dodge 2500,4X4,HO Cummins Diesel,QC,SWB,6spd.,Banks boost&pyro,US Gage fuel press.,Edge Drag Comp,4"exh.,cowl hood, bhaf, black Holley pump, 140gph...13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, kevlar/ceramic single disc clutch, cheapo fuel cooler, 8x.010" vco injector nozzles, Cat turbo 62-65-.70A/R, 497hp 1089 tq 8/25/14

Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Chris Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #3
cshults
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stewart View Post
You might try the junkyards. I found a used grill for my Bravada in Michigan. It was the right color so I had it shipped here.
That was my first thought - called a few around here and none had a Bravada of any kind so I looked on car-part.com and called a few places and struck out -either they didn't have a Bravada anymore or they weren't willing to just pull the parts I needed and ship them..too much hassle too little money.

The new covers on rock-auto are cheap - ~$10-15 each I think, so that's the route I'm gonna go, just need to find the right paint shade.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:30 PM   #4
cshults
AF Newbie

Took a bit of digging but I found the info I need. The interior color codes are in the glove box and for me are 922 and 92I. For anyone else that needs this info: 922 is for the leather and refers to Neutral Pewter and 92I is for the plastics and refers to Med Dark Pewter. SEM has paint to match the plastics and the code is 17163.
The Following User Says Thank You to cshults For This Useful Post:
Chris Stewart (06-04-2019)
Old 06-04-2019, 07:18 PM   #5
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshults View Post
Took a bit of digging but I found the info I need. The interior color codes are in the glove box and for me are 922 and 92I. For anyone else that needs this info: 922 is for the leather and refers to Neutral Pewter and 92I is for the plastics and refers to Med Dark Pewter. SEM has paint to match the plastics and the code is 17163.

I didn't know where that info was on the car. I've looked for paint codes to get some touch-up paint.

"Cornbread Red", 2001 Dodge 2500,4X4,HO Cummins Diesel,QC,SWB,6spd.,Banks boost&pyro,US Gage fuel press.,Edge Drag Comp,4"exh.,cowl hood, bhaf, black Holley pump, 140gph...13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, kevlar/ceramic single disc clutch, cheapo fuel cooler, 8x.010" vco injector nozzles, Cat turbo 62-65-.70A/R, 497hp 1089 tq 8/25/14

Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Chris Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:13 PM   #6
cshults
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stewart View Post
I didn't know where that info was on the car. I've looked for paint codes to get some touch-up paint.
Glad the info helps! I painted they parts with the SEM paint yesterday and it was a perfect match - came out really nice. Going to try to find the dye for the seats next and some quality crack finger to spruce them up a bit - the drivers side is showing its age.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada