Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
ShanerX
AF Newbie

Question 2000 Rodeo - no pwr windows, rear wiper, ac/heat, turn signals, ...

2000 Rodeo LS 4x4 3.2L

Ok, after 5 days of researching ... I am at a loss. Friday night I changed out my right headlight, painted my wiper arms and antenna, cleaned the pos bat terminal, and had everything done in about 3 hours. Tested wipers, lights, felt great about doing it myself and crashed for the night. Saturday ... turned on the truck and something went out (didn't hear it, just noticed ) - all at same time as opposed to other threads where these things happen one at a time. Problems:

1. no intermittent front wipers (normal and high work)

2. no rear wiper

3. no turn signals (hazards and h/l and fogs work fine)

4. no ac/heater fan (no blower when changing speed setting)

5. ABS light is on

6. no power windows (all 4)

Needless to say, yesterday was 90+ degrees and I drove 45mi.s to a junk yard because they had my exact year/model truck. I've researched everything about the alarm control module (and read #60/61 in FAQ's here) based on this forum chat regarding replacing relays (attached pic too, http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=5608 ). So, I took that from the junked truck, along with every relay and fuse I could get from both fuse boxes. I also got a fairly new air cleaner, misc covers, and backup lights - all for $50!! I'm not paying $200+ for a new board, so I was very happy to find all these items! In the parking lot, swapped out the Alarm module - same problems, it fixed nothing. I switched around fuses and relays and nothing changed. I checked all the wires/grounds I could to see if I had accidentally knocked something loose - found nothing. I drove all the way back, with no windows, now I'm not happy again .

Again, all these things went out at once, so it's got to be before the fuse boxes - I have no blown fuses. I have no elec testing equipment, and would prefer not to take to nearest Isuzu dealership 110 miles away.

Last month the idler pulley seized, so I had it towed and they replaced along with the serpentine belt. Last year I replaced the battery. Other than that, nothing out of ordinary until now. btw - I just paid it off last month, and hit 120k on Saturday after I started driving to see what else didn't work.

I know this is a long post, but this forum seems to be the most up-to-date and I desperately need some help. Thanks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00-Rodeo-Relay.jpg (98.5 KB, 2 views)
ShanerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
ShanerX
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: 2000 Rodeo - no pwr windows, rear wiper, ac/heat, turn signals, ...

After two hours of searching I found a related post, will try and post back shortly ...

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t568...al_short_.html

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t568568.html

One other thing - I had Advance Auto Parts check the codes (after I ran it nearly out of gas and made it throw a code to get the CEL on), and it only came back with fuel low code. They run the test for free, but the CEL must be on. In this case, it had nothing to do with my problems.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
ShanerX
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Rodeo - no pwr windows, rear wiper, ac/heat, turn signals, ...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

probably the only fuse I didn't check - why check the electronic ignition fuse if you turn the key and the truck starts???????

so ... I replaced the fuse ... and all the components are back to normal !!!! thank god, it's going to go over 90 degrees again today!!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
Cat Fuzz
AF Enthusiast

YeaH, Isuzu's are wired funky. Glad you found your problem.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
JamesHickerson
AF Newbie

I have the same problem as you have described. I have also went through every fuse and relay. I do not know where this electrical ignition fuse you speak of might be. Can you help? Same make and model.
JamesHickerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
ShanerX
AF Newbie

Talking Re: 2000 Rodeo - no pwr windows, rear wiper, ac/heat, turn signals, ...

Lucky you!! I just checked my email, and saw your post. I've attached a quick diagram of the two fuse boxes for '99 and '00. The one fuse I never checked, which turned out to be burnt out, was in the fuse box on the right side of the dash (driver side). It's a blue 15A, and very cheap at local parts stores. It's in slot 15, and is labeled as "ELEC. IG". Why would they label it 'electronic ignition' is beyond me, but I was afraid to pull it at first.

Hope that helps, if not ... you may be looking at replacing the whole other relay board described in other forum posts where ppl resolder individual relays. Good news is I have all the boxes and fuse relays from an exact same truck as mine ('00) - I took everything out of it! If it's not fuse 15, contact me and we'll work something out for fair prices, ok.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Isuzu_rodeo_fuse_99.gif (16.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #7
JamesHickerson
AF Newbie

I am so desperate to find an answer, we have spent the last several minutes outdoors in the dark going through fuses once again. We did find this 15 amp, but is looks intact. Not sure what next. We could not find a broken fuse and even switched it out to be for sure. No change. We went to a salvage yard today and sat beside three other rodeos switching every relay fuse with no change whatsoever. There are no words for the agony I am feeling right now! ARGHHHH
Old 09-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #8
JamesHickerson
AF Newbie

My apologies. Thank you so much for your time and attention. We certainly appreciate any direction that you provide.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #9
ShanerX
AF Newbie

Ok, I feel your pain. One of the reasons I took all the parts I could from the truck I found - only one for at least 100 miles around me. I can save you some time, I've already painstakingly removed the relay boxes you might need, no need to resolder or order relays from Russia, just simply swap them out. If you found some scraped trucks, remember relay boxes from '98 are different from '99 are different from '00 AND that the boxes are based on the mfr date of the vehicle (drvr side door jamb).

PM me your email if you want, and we can work something out. Don't post your email addy here, ok. I can ship Priority on Monday - you'd have by Wed. Good luck!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
2000 , abs , rodeo , window , wiper
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU