Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon > 2nd Gen 00-05
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
94XLT
AF Newbie

weird tranny prob

i have a 2003 neon sxt auto with a 4-speed trans w/ a lockup torgue converter. now when it shifts into 2 its like slamming on the brakes then shifts fine. no noise or grinds or slips like normal. i have delt with slipping trans but never had one act like this. any help would be great. thanks
94XLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
94XLT
AF Newbie

Re: weird tranny prob

ok so i got the car in the air and turned the tires by hand. when i did this i noticed that there was a lot of role in the engine and trans. does anyone think that when it shifts that bad motor mounts could cause so much role that its like pressing on the brakes when it shifts???
94XLT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon > 2nd Gen 00-05