Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 04:01 AM   #31
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
PERFECT

i love (ice)cream
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 07:20 PM   #32
Sean
AF Enthusiast

there creme makes me cream.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by thepennyho
damn they deleted my account, but now im back

Reminds me of a weeble wobble.
Or a fly in the summer.
or like those flys who seem to keep bumping into the closed part of the window, and when they finnaly get out, they smack come flying back into the open part and buzz and the room then smack into the closed part of the window over... and over... and over.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:23 PM   #33
hiphophomer
Banned

i love the leather, but i just hate that stupid alcantara leather, it looks strange in the car for me, but i dont know what you guys think, it kind of looks like those wierd momo diablo interiors
hiphophomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 09:11 PM   #34
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by TexasF355F1
I love the creme interior!
Ditto. I think it needs some orange stitching though.

My Webshots
SuPeRcAr_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 12:39 AM   #35
TimSalewsky
AF Enthusiast

It's a Creamsicle.
TimSalewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 02:19 AM   #36
Tony_Ensemble
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Tony, I was curious as to what were the best helps for you in getting you prepared for driving your 2003 Lamborghini Murcielago? Having your NSX I suppose. Does this question make sense? If you could give me any tips thanks!
The NSX was not good prepartion for the Murci. The NSX is a dream to drive. Not that the Murci isn't but the NSX drives like an every day car. The Murci takes more paractice. I dont think there is a way to prepare. Its peculiarities are somewhat unique.

The big mistake that I was making was to release the clutch with many RPM's. Fun but something you should do only once in a while. Its easy to burn through a clutch that way. The ideal way to start up is to keep the RPM below 1500. This is not rocket science but its does take some getting used to.

There are many little things that you learn by doing. Such as remembering that the car is lower than a curb. So when you are turning into and out of parking lots make sure not to cut the corner else you will scrap the side of the car on the curb. This happend to me but the delear fixed me right up.

Remebering that the rear view is almost non exsistent is another. before you get into the murci you have to carefully chart your course for backing up. Because once you get in and put the car in reverse you are driving blind.

Another thing is that while driving down the highways everyone like to pull up to your car to get a good look. They like to hang our exactly in your blind spot. You have to be very careful about this one.

My one peice of advice is to get a Lamborghini tech to give you a driving lesson. These guys know the car inside and out.

Hope this helps.

Tony_Ensemble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 06:20 AM   #37
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
guys

you won´t believe me this:

my friend has a relative who works in the lambo press section.

i will visit the lamborghini factory this summer. and i will probably be able to sit next to valentino balboni making some test drives.

guys this will be my best summer i ever had. i still cannot believe what will happen to me:flash: absolutely incredible

@tony do you really see nothing in the rear view? what about the backmirror? can you see sth? or just the engine?
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 09:34 AM   #38
carnacier
AF Newbie

Menu! I would so much like to be in your place

But be prepare mentally because I read in a mag some years ago that some car/journalist took place with him and Valentino was overstering at +200 km/h

I would like you to take pic of the factory
thanks
carnacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 04:57 PM   #39
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
Menu, you are so lucky! If it is allowed please take as many pictures as possible and videos if you can as well. Maybe talk to Valentino Balboni and see if he get all of us in. At least those of us you trust . Man, I really doubt cameras are allowed, but I hope so.:flash:
Old 05-10-2003, 10:56 PM   #40
Sean
AF Enthusiast

camera's definatly arn't allowed in the design areas, but i bet you can take pictures of the lobby and press areas. i bet you could even take pictures in the bathrooms, although im not sure why. maybe their stalls are modeled to look like the inside of a murci. that would be sweet

ahh man you are so lucky to get to be in a car with balboni while he is testing...
Old 05-11-2003, 04:37 PM   #41
TimSalewsky
AF Enthusiast

Menu: Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun. I have seen a couple of videos of Mr. Balboni's impressive driving and if you are able to sit shotgun with him on a test run wow. Make sure you get a nice picture for him to sign and then frame that thing. Another idea, and maybe your cousin could help you, is to get a picture taken of you and Mr. Balboni next to the Murcielago and make a large print of it and send it back to your cousin to have him sign. Have fun.

Tony: Thanks a lot for the great info. I am truly keeping all of your helpful Murcielago hints in mind. I am definitely trying to gain as much information on the car beforehand as possible so that all I will have to worry about is just having a lot of fun. Menu mentioned riding with Valentino Balboni. Wouldn't that be a treat to get some private training from him? Thanks again, buddy!
Old 05-30-2003, 03:10 AM   #42
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

white:

Metallic white:

I love the met. White, but the matte white does not really look as good im my opinion.
jsb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 03:11 PM   #43
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

2000th Post

I love both whites. The pearl/metallic is amazing, but I wouldn't mind the matte. It is like a color you can get on any other car, while the pearl is a unique accent to an already unique and beautiful car...

BTW, I had a weird dream last night. I woke up and there was a red Murcielago in my driveway... I openned the door, and woke up.

My Webshots
SuPeRcAr_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 04:43 PM   #44
chocks
AF Regular

...and when you woke up, did u wished u never wake up again?
chocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 11:48 PM   #45
TimSalewsky
AF Enthusiast

Was there anyone in the driver's seat? Black interior?