Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 04:28 PM   #91
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
Re: z32tt vs dodge srt4

i would suggest you not do it again or it could result in some unpleasant circumstances
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:40 PM   #92
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

WRX a sports Sedan? No....! Sorry... I like the Scooby-Sube too... don't get me wrong! I'd rather have a Z TT but I will probably end up getting a WRX wagon sometime down the line... I'm not being biased when I say that the WRX is not a true Sports Sedan... just like the whole arguement about the Z32 being a 'Super Car'... they are both good cars in their own ways...

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
Old 10-13-2004, 07:51 PM   #93
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

when i was looking for a new ride, i tought about the STI. i remember when i drove to see one at the dealer. i was very dissapointed to see that the car look like a box. i didn't even wanted to drive it!

i guess its a powerfull car from what i read but the Z is also very powerfull and looks alot better.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:34 AM   #94
j_greene
AF Regular

Re: Re: z32tt vs dodge srt4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1viadrft
WRX a sports Sedan? No....! Sorry... I like the Scooby-Sube too... don't get me wrong! I'd rather have a Z TT but I will probably end up getting a WRX wagon sometime down the line... I'm not being biased when I say that the WRX is not a true Sports Sedan... just like the whole arguement about the Z32 being a 'Super Car'... they are both good cars in their own ways...

Uh what is a sports sedan? I am thinking a 4 door car (sedan) that can perfrom well (sports). What is the STi? Now if you were refering to a touring sedan ok yeah, the STi is not.

My opinion:

STi is better if you have the money and do not like questionable used cars or paying for repairs/parts. NEW/EXPENSIVE

Z32 is better is you need a cheaper car and dont mind paying for the repairs/parts. OLD/CHEAP (nothing wrong with that)

Sti is faster stock for stock. However . . .

Both cars potential is too close to say one is a clear cut winner.

Its bad when two cars are being compared and the price is what the deciding factor is. A car can beat you reguardless of what they paid for it, you still loose. So do you hate on the Enzo cause the driver paid too much? Money not being an option I would like to think that the Z or STi would not be at the top of anyones list, but money is a factor for some. Is another car less of a car because it cost more? Or is it just not practical for you? Dont argue how much you would spend on a car. is what I am saying.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:53 AM   #95
musicsurfman
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to musicsurfman Send a message via MSN to musicsurfman

The Sti Is Considered By Most Insurance Companies As A High Performance Sedan Or Touring Car.

Money Not A Factor I Would Still Take A S30 Baby, Well That And A Ferrari 355 Gts-f1 And A Mclaren F1.

EMAIL CONTACT:
PROJECTRB240SX@HOTMAIL.COM
Old 10-14-2004, 12:03 PM   #96
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Well I guess it's time to settle this bullshit. I have a 13 year old Zed32TT that's been upgraded to 2004 performance and I'll personally challange any Sti in the country. I also know a Jap fellow and a guy in Puerto Rico that has one similar to mine that's even alittle faster than mine, and NO fuckin Sti in the world runs in the low 7's. That's 7 in the 1/4, not 0-60. I deal in facts, not bullshit. Any time you take a car that's 10 years old and I don't care which brand it is, it's old, and unless the owner upgrades it, it remains old. Like I said, I have a updated Z32TT that I'll put up against anything except another updated Z32TT and smoke them. The fact of the matter is the Z32 in Pro Import is #1, #2 and #3. I see no mention of a Sti in there anyplace, or a Toy or Honda. The RX7 close but not close enough.
It would be like comparing a Ford Pinto to a 1930 Model A Ford. No contest, but take the model A and update it and drop a 460 Cobra Jet in it and watch out, cause it'll rip you a new ass.
The 300ZX Z32 was and is one of the top 5 Engineered cars ever built. Not my pick but by automotive engineers from around the world, and to this day hasn't been removed from that list. That itself speaks for the design and engineering that went into it. That honor only goes to very few. Nissan has 4-5 350Z's in Calif. the the head of there Special Operations Group have built with the VK45DETT engines (I don't want to hear any shit that Nissan don't have a VK45DETT) w/5 speed automatics. I don't know if they plan on marketing it or what but if they do, the Viper's, Cobras and Vette's better watch out. But that too won't last long cause no one likes to be beat, which is great, cause we, being us as consumers reap the benefits.
But for right now as we speak and that could all change tomarrow, I know of 3 updated 2004 standard Zed32's for the right amount of money and expenses would take on any Sti, but the owners of them aren't stupid and the offer we'll never be taken up on.
Apples for apples boys. All's fair in love and racing.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:20 PM   #97
musicsurfman
AF Enthusiast

For What It Would Take A Z32 To Go 7's You Can Make An Awd Sti Do It.... Hell In Japan There Are 7 Second Drag Stis Not The New Ones Because They Don't Have Those But Stis Of A Closer Year 98-99.

The Vk45 Has Been Turbo'd For Awhile And Nismo Also Has A Supercharged Version For The Titans That They Have Slated To Come Out Sometime Next Year.

I'm Not Arguing That They Aren't Fast I'm Saying Stock For Stock There Is No Comparison.

Any Car With Money Put In It Could Be Fast... Hell They Have 10 Second Geos And 9 Second Minivans.

And I Would Love To See Your 7 Second Z32.... That Should Be Interesting.

EMAIL CONTACT:
Old 10-14-2004, 12:34 PM   #98
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo
I have a 13 year old Zed32TT that's been upgraded to 2004 performance and I'll personally challange any Sti in the country. I also know a Jap fellow and a guy in Puerto Rico that has one similar to mine that's even alittle faster than mine, and NO fuckin Sti in the world runs in the low 7's. That's 7 in the 1/4
Just wondering...you have a Z32TT running 7s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious
if i were a mod i would have banned you by now
Good to know I'm not the only one. Like I said before...Hey Wes...help us out here, buddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferwhatever
I Was Just Getting You People Wild Just To Piss You People Off....

K3...it's all good...weights of cars vary...I got my spec from an issue of Road and Track (or car and driver or motor trend or whatever). Care to see it, lemme know. My point is just that they really are quite heavy cars but you could never know by driving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf...guy...whatever
http://www.carsurvey.org/modelyear_...240SX_1991.html

the 3800lb car is my friends... he weighed his car when I weighed my 240sx rb swap. His car was completely stock (unless you count lighter wheel wheels) with a full tank of gas.
Ok...your link shows a BUNCH OF 240'S!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, MORON!? Even if you DO know someone who has a 3800lb Z31, SO WHAT? There's no WAY all Z31s weigh MORE THAN A Z32! A LOT more, at that.

Tell me where to go weigh my car, and I'll go right the fuck now...I'd be more than happy to own your ass again.

In the mean time, I did a search on Z31.com...here are the results I found:

84 2+2 - 3080lbs.......without spare/toolkit. (Seems kinda low to me.)
'86 T - 3202lbs........w/ driver and low fuel level.
1988 SS - 3450 with 180lb driver and 1/2 tank gas. (Seems a little high to me.)
One person said ~3100lb and another said 3262.

So...you are WAAAAAAAAY the fuck off with the 3800lbs.

No matter what, I don't care if Mr. K himself came to me and told me that a stock Z31 weighs 3800 lbs, I'd still say no fuckin way.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 10-14-2004, 01:01 PM   #99
musicsurfman
AF Enthusiast

My Link Was In Response To Your Dumbasses Saying There Is No Superhicas 240sx.....

If You Banned Me I'd Just Go To My 240sx Bretheren And Get Back In, And Anyway I Could Careless If I Got Banned Seeing As This Forum Doesn't Ip Ban And I'm On A Secured Business Network With Ip Scramble I Could Just Add A Name For Every Day Of The History Of Earth And Still Get In.

EMAIL CONTACT:
Old 10-14-2004, 08:07 PM   #100
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Sweet...All the more reason to BAN YOUR ASS...

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 10-14-2004, 08:30 PM   #101
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

this guy is worse than my wife!!
Old 10-14-2004, 08:32 PM   #102
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Lol. Ban Him!!!

Old 10-14-2004, 10:28 PM   #103
j_greene
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgringo
That's 7 in the 1/4, not 0-60. I deal in facts, not bullshit.

The fact of the matter is the Z32 in Pro Import is #1, #2 and #3. I see no mention of a Sti in there anyplace, or a Toy or Honda. The RX7 close but not close enough.

Any followup on the 7 sec Z? I guess there is also 7 second Cavaliers and Grand AMs (NHRA). I have also seen 200 mph Taurus (NASCAR). An all out 7 sec drag car is no longer anything resembling the original.
One other point how many WRC has the Z32 won? Anyone every take their Z out in the dirt? I am not arguing I just hope you see the point in all of this. A real question though, What is Pro Import? Really I have no idea what is it?
Old 10-15-2004, 07:21 AM   #104
Z32TT_maniac
AF Enthusiast

7 sec? thats bullshiet man
Old 10-15-2004, 12:40 PM   #105
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

i have never heard of a 7sec Z32TT. I heard that SGP has one of the fastest z and runs around 10sec in the 1/4 mile.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)