Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: WHO'S THE BOSS?
JAGUAR XJ220 0 0%
MCLAREN F1 8 32.00%
S7 SALEEN 5 20.00%
CERRERA GT 2 8.00%
PAGANI ZONDA C12 2 8.00%
KOENIGSEGG CC8S 3 12.00%
FERRARI ENZO 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 05:28 PM   #46
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaleen
0-60 3.2 sry bud I think your supposed saleen shit performance is alittle off. All carbonfiber body and only a v8 still keeps pace with the f1.
let me quote laylah's keeper:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla's Keeper
Umm, nope. S7's have yet to win ANYTHING in ALMS GTS competition. They've been hopelessly outclassed by the Corvette C5R and Prodrive 550GTO Maranellos, and barely can keep pace with the 575GTC Maranellos, Rafanelli Olive Garden 550 Maranellos (yes, there were, at one time, three different Maranellos running in GTS) and the newly introduced Murciealago R-GT.
I'll believe it when they start knocking off some major Euro-super cars. At least R390 and TS020 had better luck in the competition. There's more to it than 0-60 for a $400K super car, it means ziltz, not even F1 can has quick acceleration as S7, but a superior car in every way.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:30 PM   #47
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
Re: Who's The Boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophv
well I don't like the scoop-anywhere style of McLaren and Saleen.
That's why I'd choose a Murciélago GTR instead of them, remember we aren't racing pilots.
and the Audi R8R/333 SP/Dauer 962 flounder style is just plain ugly, hence their performance.
I don't know about the McLaren but I imagine it stems from the same thing as the S7. The scoop everywhere is not a look thing. All those scoops help the S7 create more downforce than the weight of the car at 140mph. So wether or not you like it which I do is ok. But it's the old saying "Form follows function"

Old 08-09-2004, 12:11 AM   #48
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Who's The Boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTStang
I don't know about the McLaren but I imagine it stems from the same thing as the S7. The scoop everywhere is not a look thing. All those scoops help the S7 create more downforce than the weight of the car at 140mph. So wether or not you like it which I do is ok. But it's
the old saying "Form follows function"
yea thats very true now a days. but the hood scoop is an air intake there fore it is 1 of the most important elements of the car "cooling'. No air no cool no air fuel mixture no run .
" ~ Igor
Old 08-09-2004, 01:40 PM   #49
christophv
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
The scoop everywhere is not a look thing
I know that. As I said, ugly flounder style, hence their perfomance.(not sure about the language tho)

maybe you only talk about performance, but I like to look at all aspects of a car. Unless you do that, you could answer all of those "who's best" threads with a simple "any Formula 1 car"

The Enzo, e.g., has a totally radical design. Just look at it's profile, I don't think this looks good:

looks fast, yes. but this long nose and the boring rear side, just not my taste.

I think the perfect car for me would be a Murciélago Barchetta

the main differences are shorter body overhangs (sp?) and less radical forms. I think it's just more elegant overall.

compared to that murciélago, an enzo is more a nissan r390.

now imagine yourself driving to the cinema, just for an example
it's already dawn and there are many people on the streets.
ok, you could go there with an Enzo, but honestly, isn't it a bit too extreme?
that's like using nuclear weapons to shoot a rabbit

even if a car is the fastest, rarest, bad assest one on earth, I still want to drive it normally, and that's possible with a Lago or a Modena.
The Koenigsegg CC8s or CCR is the limit (cause of their scoopless, sleek shape), I couldn't drive an F1, a Zonda or an S7 in "normal" cases, they're too extreme one the looks/behavior

still searching for a decent dorifto device
"If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, is Honda Motorsports then HOMO?"
Old 08-09-2004, 01:45 PM   #50
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Who's The Boss?

I heard the S7 is a bitch to drive sometimes it took the guy 5-7 times on C&D mag to get it started cause he was always staulin it out its a icky mofoe better track car the street.
" ~ Igor

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons