Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
Brandybuck
AF Newbie

Reporting on the UltraGauge

After extensive research on the UltraGauge (http://www.ultra-gauge.com and similar devices like the ScanGaugeII and the TurboGauge, I've purchased an UltraGauge for my '02 Grand Prix GT.

I needed a coolant gauge to replace a defective dash gauge, and the additional money for an UltraGauge over a more basic coolant gauge seemed a good deal for the added possibilities like reading PCM codes and clearing the Check Engine Light. It also lets you read other important data from the PCM like fuel pressure, intake air temperature, intake MAP, and cat sensor information.

Visiting the site at first gives you the impression that the product is probably not reputable. Reviews around the web, however, seem to have confirmed that it is a quality product. The top ten Google search results for "ultragauge" consist mostly of lengthy threads from other car forums reviewing the UltraGauge.

If you have an UltraGauge, post your thoughts on it here. If you have another scan tool like a ScanGaugeII, or if you have experience with more than one scan tool, I'd welcome your reviews here.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
shadows
AF Newbie

Re: Reporting on the UltraGauge

not sure what "site" you were on

ULTRA-GAUGE.com does not show any signs but top notch

I ordered the UG EM for my 08 Escape- quick and simple installation- easy to let it scan and list gauges- easy to understand- easy to put 67 gauges anywhere you want them- I've increased my mpg by 50% using the UG

you should go over to CleanMPG.com- you might learn something
shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shadows For This Useful Post:
Brandybuck (06-08-2012)
Old 06-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
Brandybuck
AF Newbie

Re: Reporting on the UltraGauge

Thanks, shadows!

CleanMPG.com is one of the sites containing a lengthy thread reviewing the Ultra Gauge that helped decide me to try it out.

I received my Ultra Gauge in good time. It was easy to install in my '02 Grand Prix and there is a large selection of gauges from which to choose. The values seem accurate for the gauges I have tried - I used average MPG and instantaneous MPG to assess my driving.

After exactly one week of driving (5 hours run time, 180 miles), I have 26.3 average MPG on my 3.8L 2002 Grand Prix GT (non-supercharged). It's a very good product. The lighting changes with the environment - never has it been a distraction from my night and day driving. The suction cup for the windshield is of good quality as well - however, I placed my Ultra Gauge elsewhere to lessen the chances of theft.