Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 08:13 AM   #1
cjb108
AF Newbie

Question Is Noise from Engine or Transmission? Help!

I got a used 2.2L engine for my 96 S10 truck with a hundred forty thousand miles on it. After I put it in, the first time I drove it I noticed that, under moderate acceleration, I would hear a knocking noise. At first I thought it was the engine lower end, but I discovered that if I give it more acceleration the noise goes away. Also the noise seems to have the same pitch as the noise my transmission used to make when it was in neutral with the clutch out. I discovered that the pilot bushing was shot and that was causing the noise. So I'm wondering if the noise is caused by my transmission, which does have 236,000 miles on it. I've still got warranty time left on this engine, but I really want to be sure that the engine is the problem before I yank it again, rent a truck to take it back to Pick-ur-Part, yank another engine, and then put that engine in my truck. Doing all that once was enough for me. And if I replace the engine and then discover the transmission's shot, I'm going to feel pretty darn stupid. Any insight you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.
cjb108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:37 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: Is Noise from Engine or Transmission? Help!

Realistically how can we diagnose this remotely.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis