Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 12:23 AM   #16
AcesHigh
Prelude Guy

Send a message via AIM to AcesHigh
Re: Quarter mile?

Personally, I think that cars like the Prelude feel most at home on a course rather than a drag strip. There is nothing at all impressive with being able to go in a straight line really fast. All out dragging is not our fight.

1993 Mazda Rx-7 Touring
Ricer Extraordinaire
AcesHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 12:31 AM   #17
Prelewd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Prelewd
Re: Re: Quarter mile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh
Personally, I think that cars like the Prelude feel most at home on a course rather than a drag strip. There is nothing at all impressive with being able to go in a straight line really fast. All out dragging is not our fight.
I am impressed by a very fast car on a drag strip. I wouldn't go so far as to say nothing is impressive. It's more of a matter of the car being powerful instead of a good driver. I do agree though, that preludes were meant for the corners and that's where they really shine.

Soon..

Cars:
1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
1992 Honda Prelude Si 4WS H22a Swap - For Sale
1965 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton - 500ci Cadillac Cometh
1970 Datsun 240z - For Sale
1972 Datsun 240z - For Sale
1977 Datsun 280z - For Sale
1991 Infiniti Q45 - Engine Donor to 240z - Parting out the Rest
Sold Cars:
1976 Jaguar XJ-S - Rear end Donor to Chev Pickup
1992 Honda Prelude Si
1971 Datsun 240z
1984 Civic 1500 Hatch
Prelewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:05 AM   #18
beaudeg
AF Newbie

I like both......I also own a 1993 Lude that has ah H22a with lowered suspension and qauffie lsd, with cornering and handling that was equal to if not better than a 1974 Porsche 914 6 set up for slalom. However, my son ran 4 times at the strip and after we installed the lsd it elimated most of the wheel hop and he turned in a respectable 13.2 time. Not bad for basically stock naturally aspirated JDM H22a. But I would love to build a 10 second Prelude. Shepard has a first gen DSM AWD that runs 8.67 seconds in a 4 banger. Needless to say this has convinced me that 4 bangers can be more than respected on the 1/4 mile track as well
beaudeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:06 AM   #19
AcesHigh
Prelude Guy

Send a message via AIM to AcesHigh

DSM's have one very important thing over us: its drivetrain. We can strap on a turbo and run those high psi's, but the FWD design limits dragging quite a bit. Not that it can't be done, of course...

1993 Mazda Rx-7 Touring
Ricer Extraordinaire
AcesHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 10:51 AM   #20
beaudeg
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh
DSM's have one very important thing over us: its drivetrain. We can strap on a turbo and run those high psi's, but the FWD design limits dragging quite a bit. Not that it can't be done, of course...
do you know what the fastest time for a street driveable 4th gen Prelude is? Can you share with us what they have done to achieve a street driveable 4th gen prelude that is both a 10 second car on the strip and can still handle remarkably well on a slalom course? My son and I are at odds he thinks that you build a car for either one or the other. I think you can take the same upgrades used for a 10 second 1/4 mile car remove the front racing slicks and have a fast excellent handling touring car that is responsive at low, medium and high end through corners and straightaways. Your imput would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:11 AM   #21
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MexSiR

beaudeg, Im sorry man but your full of sh*t. I prelude with an LSD WONT RUN low 13s not even with Fittipaldi or Shumaher on the wheel. It is not possible. If you said, he ran a respectable 14.7 I wouldve probably would believe you...But 13.2 common man...thats just mmm so stupid.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Pictures of my ride (Pictures)
MexSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 02:12 AM   #22
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MexSiR

Kinda getting anoying...too many people smoking crack and shit while they post things on this forum.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Pictures of my ride (Pictures)
MexSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 09:56 AM   #23
beaudeg
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Re: Quarter mile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexSiR
beaudeg, Im sorry man but your full of sh*t. I prelude with an LSD WONT RUN low 13s not even with Fittipaldi or Shumaher on the wheel. It is not possible. If you said, he ran a respectable 14.7 I wouldve probably would believe you...But 13.2 common man...thats just mmm so stupid.
I really dont want to use this forum for a pissing contest. Why dont you invest some time and read some of my other replies posted in this forum. It is evident that from my postings that I have invested time in my responses and come from facts not fiction. Yes, my 1993 Prelude with a JDM H22A initially ran 13.7 before adding the lsd and after eliminating most of my wheel hop she ran 13.2 best time. IN fact I will be more than happy to put some serious money where your mouth is. I live outside New Orleans and my son ran this car in Gufport , MS racetrack. Not sure where you live but would be glad to pay for your entire trip here if this car does not run between 13.2 and 13.5 consistently. Here is the deal I will pay for your roundtrip to and from New Orleans , put you up in a hotel and give you $1000 cash if this car does not run between 13.2 and 13.5. When we demonstrate and meet the 1/4 mile times above you pay for your entire trip and pay me $1000. Put up or shutup! I dont post shit to impress you or anyone else. I also own a RED 1993 Fairly stock H22a4 with headers, exhaust, nology wiring, msd ignition, stock rims and tires, neuspeed shorts shifter with fidanza flywheel, and am acr extreme street clutch and pressure plate that can beat 14.7 in the 1/4 mile. So where did you come up with 14.7 as more realistic and the balls to acuse anyone on this forum or insult me. I am enjoying this forum and adding/sharing information that is helpful to others. If you want or are devoted to maintaining a high degree of quality than please revisit your criticism. Anyway hope you take me up on this offer and show the members of this forum how quick one can be at the stroke of a keyboard to make false accusations. Come on MAN! Cant wait to show and confirm a real high degree of integrity!!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 11:50 AM   #24
dbebesi
AF Enthusiast

unless you have FI, no2, or a built block, you are not running in the 13's PERIOD. we may be amatures here, but we know our preludes. thus we know you are lying. you're car runs high 14's, if you even own one. i want to see time slips, video, pics of the motor, and a dyno. or if you don't wanna do that, i'd love a free trip to new orleans.... or better yet, let's bet you 13.2 sec prelude. i always wanted a beater.

p.s. are you sure you're not running 1/8 miles?
dbebesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 02:41 PM   #25
beaudeg
AF Newbie

sure! No one stated that you or members of this forum are amatuers. If you know your Preludes than why would you doubt my car runs in the 13s. You obviously are oblivious or naive to think that are 4th gen preludes run high 14s or even 15s.Your comments are really not worth responding to but I am up to the challenge. What I have in my H22A was never mentioned/discussed. so read my reply more thoroughly " I also own a 1993 Lude that has ah H22a with lowered suspension and qauffie lsd" " basically stock" Not runing NO2!There is no mention of what internals I have. You were just quick to label people as liars and full of shit! This must come from a person who has nothing else to do and strut around as a rooster stating hurtful and insulting accusations that are unfounded.

What do you have to bet against my 93 running in the 13s? I will gladly run the 1/4 mile against something you own of equal or greater value which I doubt you own since your cars run in the 16s and obviously are not worth betting against. But I tell you what.... book your trip to New Orleans for a Wednesday night arrival that is when the Gulfport Ms, track is open to all categories and bring your titles since we will have to bet for moire than just one of your cars. If I dont run in the 13s consistently in four runs you can have my car and title and drive her home. Either step up to the plate or own up to being a pompous ass who has nothing to offer but criticism of others.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:29 PM   #26
beaudeg
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Re: Quarter mile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbebesi
unless you have FI, no2, or a built block, you are not running in the 13's PERIOD. we may be amatures here, but we know our preludes. thus we know you are lying. you're car runs high 14's, if you even own one. i want to see time slips, video, pics of the motor, and a dyno. or if you don't wanna do that, i'd love a free trip to new orleans.... or better yet, let's bet you 13.2 sec prelude. i always wanted a beater.

p.s. are you sure you're not running 1/8 miles?
A beater? yes this 4th gen prelude car which happens to be one of 4 I own plus 3DSM's a 1998 Integra Type R with a B18C engine with a P28 Custom programmed ECU are all owned by this same person who you accuse of being a liar and who probably does not even own a Prelude happens to be the proud owner of not only the 93 in question but all of the above also. The only non naturally aspirated engines are in my DSMs.
Let your friends on this forum take a look. I even took a picture of my license plate and number so you can clearly see there is nothing to hide and the car that will run your a.. out of town and off this forum will be the same car with this license plate and LA title to match. You can view my pictures here please note dates they were taken....so get down here and we will end this conversation once and for all. By the way I never stated this engine was stock I said "basically stock" since I am not running turbo or superchargers

http://files.automotiveforums.com/ga...8&ppuser=84459
Old 04-10-2004, 03:36 PM   #27
dbebesi
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaudeg
However, my son ran 4 times at the strip and after we installed the lsd it elimated most of the wheel hop and he turned in a respectable 13.2 time. Not bad for basically stock naturally aspirated JDM H22a.

ok, lets look at the facts. you have a "basically stock" vtec lude.

motor trend/road & track tested 14.9-15 1/4 mile time (pro drivers)

you dis people for not have intakes or exhaust, so i asume you have that.

i/h/e 14.9 down to 14.7 (if that)

lowered suspension=no gain

lsd (which i have) = 14.6 (if that)

ok..... so we have 1.4 seconds to lose yet.

1.4 secs = gutting 1400 pounds out of you're car (not likely)

1.4 secs = 140 more horse power (tell me how)

1.4 secs = 13.2 sounded better than 14.6, so i made it up

Quote:
No one stated that you or members of this forum are amatuers.
i never said anyone stated that. DON'T put words in my mouth

Quote:
If you know your Preludes than why would you doubt my car runs in the 13s. You obviously are oblivious or naive to think that are 4th gen preludes run high 14s or even 15s.
i say that, b/c i do know my preludes

Quote:
There is no mention of what internals I have. You were just quick to label people as liars and full of shit!
if you have enough internals to gain 140 hp, i would think they deserve mention.

Quote:
This must come from a person who has nothing else to do and strut around as a rooster stating hurtful and insulting accusations that are unfounded.
bite me
Old 04-10-2004, 03:53 PM   #28
beaudeg
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Quarter mile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbebesi
ok, lets look at the facts. you have a "basically stock" vtec lude.

motor trend/road & track tested 14.9-15 1/4 mile time (pro drivers)

you dis people for not have intakes or exhaust, so i asume you have that.

i/h/e 14.9 down to 14.7 (if that)

lowered suspension=no gain

lsd (which i have) = 14.6 (if that)

ok..... so we have 1.4 seconds to lose yet.

1.4 secs = gutting 1400 pounds out of you're car (not likely)

1.4 secs = 140 more horse power (tell me how)

1.4 secs = 13.2 sounded better than 14.6, so i made it up

i never said anyone stated that. DON'T put words in my mouth

i say that, b/c i do know my preludes

if you have enough internals to gain 140 hp, i would think they deserve mention.

bite me

I stand corrected! I just spoke to my son because of this frustrating dialog we have been having. He corrected me and confirmed his best time in 4 runs was 13.7 not 13.2. Still a second faster than you think is the best time. You quoted road and track as 14.9-15 for a stock 4th gen lude. Do you have the time for a 4th Gen with a H22a built? Maybe just maybe I am not so full of shit and you need to learn to get more details before jumping on someone especially in a public forum. Oh yea did you get a chance to check out the pictures of one of the many cars I happen to own since you dont think I even own one? Please check the date for posting as they were taken and posted during this heated discussion.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:07 PM   #29
dbebesi
AF Enthusiast

ROFL.... you went from "basically stock" to "H22a built" BUILT WITH WHAT. tell me (for the 3rd time). what is in this glorious motor. if you next post doesn't state EXACTLY what "built" means, i will no longer waste my time with your bs.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:32 PM   #30
Prelewd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Prelewd

This could all be avoided with an initialed time slip..

Beu man.. you have to expect a little criticism on these forums if you claim something and don't back it up.

Soon..

Cars:
1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
1992 Honda Prelude Si 4WS H22a Swap - For Sale
1965 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton - 500ci Cadillac Cometh
1970 Datsun 240z - For Sale
1972 Datsun 240z - For Sale
1977 Datsun 280z - For Sale
1991 Infiniti Q45 - Engine Donor to 240z - Parting out the Rest
Sold Cars:
1976 Jaguar XJ-S - Rear end Donor to Chev Pickup
1992 Honda Prelude Si