Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Amanti | Opirus
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 11:54 AM   #1
badassgremlin
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to badassgremlin Send a message via Yahoo to badassgremlin
Amanti

http://modelreports.cars.com/modelda...8&aff=national check this out and on the left click on photo gallery this looks like one nice car and of course it will be well priced

badassgremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 12:39 PM   #2
buymeabmwm3
AF Enthusiast

Headlights look like they came stright off an E320 benz, and the front seems vaguely S-type like. And dare I say the rear reminds me of a Maybach? Hmmm, I think the Kia design guys are stealing design cues from the luxury german segment. Which ins't necessairly a bad thing...

2005 Ducati Monster 620 i.e.

2005 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4 Double Cab, TRD Off-Road - FINALLY HERE!

Horsepower is 100 ewoks poking you with pointy sticks.
Torque is one wookie pulling your arms out of their sockets.
buymeabmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 04:18 PM   #3
badassgremlin
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to badassgremlin Send a message via Yahoo to badassgremlin
no not at all i think they'll do quite well with that car infact if i didn't just buy my 300M i woulda got one of those instead and woulda saved alot of money in the the first place o well

Old 08-13-2003, 08:44 PM   #4
Hudson
Old Mod

I have liked Kia styling for years and I hve recommended Kias to a number of friends and relatives. I have nothing against the Amanti, mechanically since it's the same as the competent Hyundai XG. But comparing the 300M to the Amanti is a little strange. I was at the introduction of the Amanti, but I haven't driven it yet. It is my assumption that it is going to be like the XG. The XG is a soft luxury sedan. The 300M is a bit more taut...more of a driver's car.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 11:21 AM   #5
badassgremlin
AF Enthusiast

but for the money id take it over the 300M i like to go fast yes, but id sacrifise that for money if i liked it enough.

Old 02-25-2004, 10:25 PM   #6
Tomsriv
AF Regular

WTF is this piece of crap! I hope they get sued for all they are worth by Mercedes for stealing their front end. I'm sick of the Asian countries making front wheel drive knock offs of European Cars. Sure the Euro cars are overpriced, but at least they put the drive wheels where they should be.
Tomsriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:46 PM   #7
aupa
AF Newbie

Re: Amanti

go **** yourself tomsriv
aupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:09 PM   #8
D-Ice
AF Newbie

Dosent compare to my 1990 lincoln TC, but still sorta nice, I like the interor color. I test drove this car, it's very underpowered, the is not much get-up-and-go in this car, and also it's very lazy on the highways...

But it rides nice and smooth..

D-Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 02:00 PM   #9
Ion Pulse
AF Enthusiast

The Amanti is interestingly styled and I atually quite like it. In the UK(where I come from) Kia have'nt given a second thought on not selling it here because if has 0 image. Perhaps cars lower down in the range hold there own against mainstream rivals but for top end luxury models, KIA does'nt instantly spring to mind. The market is way too badge obessed, if the Kia was good mechanically perhaps it would be in with a chance but it probably wont be ,judging from luxury offerings from other Korean makers(eg Ssangyong and Hyundai). Saying that Hyundai has recently unveiled its all-new Sonata in Europe. Styled similarly to the Honda Accord it will be aiming at the top end of the large family car class and will be powered with a range of VVT engine co-developed with Mercedes. The new Sonata has been totally designed in Europe, so it should be interesting how well it does against main rivals.

New Hyundai Sonata
Old 01-21-2006, 10:28 PM   #10
clintondee
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: Amanti

for all you other diy mechanics dont use aftermarket oil filters on your Amanti. It really wasn't a leak issue because the filter didnt leak it was more of a flow issue. I used a total grip filter from parts america on my '05 amanti 3.5. It didnt look like the original hyundai filter but it matched up and was the correct cross reference filter. After i installed the filter for some strange reason the car became very sluggish and heavy feeling. I dont know why? But my wife mentioned that the car was running funny and slow. It almost felt as if a brake was on. I drove the car and it seemed different to me also. I went to the dealer and picked up a filter for around 6 bucks and took off the total grip filter and installed a new hyundai filter. Upon a quick test drive the car once again felt normal and have more power and no sluggish feeling. So even though i didn't think the original equip. would make a difference It did. You also have to buy gaskets for the oil plug. I didnt use a new one for the first oil change and it seems fine but i will use a new one next oil change. Using the gaskets and factory oil filter only is a bit of a pain but you do need to do it.
clintondee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #11
Ronash6
AF Newbie

I have a 2005 Amanti. I like the car vey much, however, there is one problem I encountered shortly after bringing it home. When parking the car and shuting off the engine there are times when I can not turn the ignition off past the Acc. position and thus the key cannot be withdrawn. The engine does shut off. When I restart the car it usually will then let me go on and turn the key to the off position and withdraw the key. Was wondering if any other readers have had the same problem and what they might have done about it. Not sure that it might just be an adjustment thing connected with the locking stearing wheel or not. I do have an appointment to return it to the dealer and get it checked out. If I don't receive any comments here I may add to this thread after the dealer looks at it.
Thanks, Ron
Ronash6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:41 PM   #12
KiaJayt1
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Amanti

I was really shocked with the KIA and all it has to offer. I have a 2005 Amanti and have driven a lot of cars, I am impressed with it and that’s coming from a guy that loves jeeps and trucks. I have had no problems yet knock on wood and if I need to get some extra power out of it I slap down a gear and there’s the boost I need. The ride is nice and smooth but the one thing I noticed is at high speeds it is very mushy around 85 90 mph. I am thinking of putting in a anti sway bar to tighten it up a little does anyone have any suggestions beside don’t go 85 lol?
KiaJayt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:41 AM   #13
ata10
AF Newbie

In the mean time, while nobody posted here, Amanti received a facelift, better engine and more upgrades. But still, the car sells very poor...