Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Marauder
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 09:19 PM   #1
niterider330
AF Newbie

Thumbs up 2004 Mercury Marauder

I bought a 2004 Mercury Marauder, silver in color, in August 2004. Having driven Ford Crown Vics for 27 years as a Police Officer I was used to a large 4 door car. I can tell you this, The MM is no grand Marquis! This car is faster than any police cruiser I ever drove except for a 460 Ford I once had. On top of the performance engine and suspension settings it has all the creature comforts to take 4 people anywhere in style and comfort. I love this car! Can't believe Mercury has discontinued it. With cruise control on the highway I'm getting 21 mpg with only 7,000 miles. Of course, when you performance drive it the mpg goes down to 14-16 in town. This is one car I'm never getting rid of.
niterider330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:19 PM   #2
rhnocar
AF Newbie

Re: 2004 Mercury Marauder

I'm thinking about buying a used Marauder (if i can find one) or a p-71 CV, some people cautioned me about the CVPI saying that im definetaly going to get weird looks from real police, however I would rather spend the extra $ on rebuilding the CV's engine or adding an allen Supercharger. How does the Marauder handel in comparison to the CV?
rhnocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:13 PM   #3
BiggerJon
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhnocar
I'm thinking about buying a used Marauder (if i can find one) or a p-71 CV, some people cautioned me about the CVPI saying that im definetaly going to get weird looks from real police, however I would rather spend the extra $ on rebuilding the CV's engine or adding an allen Supercharger. How does the Marauder handel in comparison to the CV?
go for a marauder if you can afford the coin. there is no comparison.

congrats on your ride!

Mods
BiggerJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
mishalah
AF Regular

I've liked the Marauders since they came out when I was in high school back in what...1963-4? Big block Ford power in a luxo-cruiser. Not the most popular back then, but respected like the Chrysler 300 letter cars. The new ones are a little blah in the appearance, but the performance and comfort intrigue me.

BUT>>>that gas mileage sucks. My '91 ZR-1 gets about the same around town 14-16, but I easily get 23-25 on the highway at 75-80+ mph. Of course, I do have a really high 6th gear, but I'm also over 400hp. Gas mileage does matter in this day and age, and I suspect the MM needs premium fuel to get those ponies (is it 300 or 360 as advertised?).

I'd like to see one in ALL white like the Jag XJR.
mishalah is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Marauder