Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 900
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
Kingler5
AF Newbie

SAAB 900: Good car?

I've heard of these things going 1 Million miles and I saw one the other day on ebay that had done almost 300,000 like it was nothin, are these things as reliable and tough as their Japanese counterparts?

I've been thinking of getting a 900 coupe 5 speed as I think it's a great looking vehicle and would be interesting to work on as a home/weekender mechanic.

Are parts expensive or hard to find? Anything quirky about them?

I'm currently driving a 93 Isuzu Trooper 5spd and these vehicles have a few quirks of their own and was looking for something that sucks a lil' less gas but still looks good and is a decent performer and above all, low maintenance. Thanks for any input.
Kingler5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
jazzzmonky
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jazzzmonky
Re: SAAB 900: Good car?

They are great cars. But as with anything they only last as long as it has been taken care of. I would look for one with good maintenance records. The cars them selves are great. I have a 1997 900s with the 2.3L (no turbo) and a 5spd. It is fun to drive, well built and very well designed. I have found parts to be very easy to find and generally reasonably priced. Saab is half owned by GM so parts will be available. You can also find almost anything for them online. Every thing in the interior of the car is well layed out and natural as well as very comfortable. I would highly recommend this vehicle to any one looking for a safe, reliable, efficient, and practical car.
jazzzmonky is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 900