Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 07:36 PM   #31
SumBlinky
AF Newbie

crotch rocket pussy
Old 08-18-2002, 08:03 PM   #32
swedish
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by legacyturbo
I think you should go for a 240Z and drop a small V8 in it it cost way less the a 300ZX or anything thats been mentioned and it should run 11 or 12's and you get the best of both world Jap import with American muscle.
this is probably the best idea for the money, but then again, thats crazy fast for a new driver.

Learn to swim."
swedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:18 AM   #33
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
well although i've chimmed in on this post a few times i'll do it again..
i prefer the rice rocket bit.. not ricey though all my hondas are stock, give or take.. and they don't sound like a 1942 lawn mower
but there is no way at least on street apps that any import is gonna tangle with the likes of the old school pontiac gto.. or the camero, the nova, the chevelle, the vette, and all those..
the general lee..
i mean come on , no one, i mean no one, is gonna waste the dukes of hazzard, in a toyota.. lol...
Old 09-15-2002, 12:25 AM   #34
Dented200sx
AF Newbie

Grab the 240sx and GO, turbo the ka24, at 5 psi on stock internals your go from 135/140 hp to the wheels to almost 235/240 hp to the wheels. The use the extra money to get the internals fixed and good oil cooler kit setup before the turbo. make sure the shop uses a BYPASS valve and not a Blown Off valve. When you get the car back, take it easy a few hundred mile, go on a weekend rouad try 250 each direction, then strap in cause your going for a wild ride. Good Luck.
Been arond the world... seen a lot of cars in a lot of situations, drag, mountains, tracks, streets... i've learned 2 things, "No replacement for displacement" and, "the driver wins races, not the car" !!!
Dented200sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 12:46 AM   #35
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Dented200sx
Grab the 240sx and GO, turbo the ka24, at 5 psi on stock internals your go from 135/140 hp to the wheels to almost 235/240 hp to the wheels. The use the extra money to get the internals fixed and good oil cooler kit setup before the turbo. make sure the shop uses a BYPASS valve and not a Blown Off valve. When you get the car back, take it easy a few hundred mile, go on a weekend rouad try 250 each direction, then strap in cause your going for a wild ride. Good Luck.
Dear God no, doing anything to the ka24 is a waste of money. If you want to do something to a 240, drop in a japanese spec SR20DETT in that puppy. They are relatively cheap and relatively easy to get the swap, depending on where you live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
street_racer_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 01:00 AM   #36
Dented200sx
AF Newbie

HAve you ever looked into mods for a KA24. i have talked too alot of shops run buy peeps doing this a lot longer that most of us young pups. THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT, that 2.4L CAN be bored out to 2.5L and with a good set of pistons and rod take just as much beating as the SR20. The 2.4 will aways have more torque than the sr20. And depending on whether you want massive power or a quick punch the turbos is all that you have to change. With just a little help from aftermarket suppliers you would a a 4 banger hangen the the I-6's easy 800+HP the wheels.
Been arond the world... seen a lot of cars in a lot of situations, drag, mountains, tracks, streets... i've learned 2 things, "No replacement for displacement" and, "the driver wins races, not the car" !!!
Dented200sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 01:16 AM   #37
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
i don't know about you but i'm not gonna take my civic out to race my buddy with the 96 impala ss w/ over 850 hp... no thanx.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:59 AM   #38
miniboi
AF Newbie

American Muscle= slow heavy sack of crap
Rice Rocket? = BYE BYE! can't catch this
EURO= wow i look hella nice plus, i'm pretty fast

man don't buy american car man, u just ending up with a heavy ass car. why is it called american muscle? cuz it's need those hundreds of horse power to drag it's fat ass across the damn finish line. I just bought a 2002 MINI COOPER S and raced a Camero SS and smoked it's ass. If u want a rice rocket, why don't u help urself to a WRX?!?!?!?!? that will desemate all! or if u got some cash to blow, why not a used m3 or a new one? or get a mini cooper! ha ha! yea it's hella sick, the best handling u'll ever get man. my future add ons will bea hamann body kit with race chip and exhaust. 220+ hp for a light ass car, not the fastest but it will beat a lot of cars. ne way have fun deciding, don't forget the euros!
miniboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 07:53 PM   #39
ChibiSF
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ChibiSF
lol. I might get a new car. Maybe. No. A 17 year old with a new car. My insurance is already stupidly expensive at 3000 dollars a year, and I'm driving a 140 bhp G20. It's stupid. I'm still saving for another car. Try to get myself a 95+ 240sx. Insurance on that won't bite my head off. Aslong as I don't tell them what I do to the car. If I got a 93+ Camaro Z28, which would be the "American Muscle," insurance would probably be upwards of 4000 to 5000 dollars a year. I might be able to afford that. hahahahahahahahaha. Same thing with a 300zx TT. Stupid insurance. EVIL!
ChibiSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 09:22 AM   #40
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Quote:
Originally posted by miniboi
American Muscle= slow heavy sack of crap
Rice Rocket? = BYE BYE! can't catch this
EURO= wow i look hella nice plus, i'm pretty fast

man don't buy american car man, u just ending up with a heavy ass car. why is it called american muscle? cuz it's need those hundreds of horse power to drag it's fat ass across the damn finish line. I just bought a 2002 MINI COOPER S and raced a Camero SS and smoked it's ass. If u want a rice rocket, why don't u help urself to a WRX?!?!?!?!? that will desemate all! or if u got some cash to blow, why not a used m3 or a new one? or get a mini cooper! ha ha! yea it's hella sick, the best handling u'll ever get man. my future add ons will bea hamann body kit with race chip and exhaust. 220+ hp for a light ass car, not the fastest but it will beat a lot of cars. ne way have fun deciding, don't forget the euros!
Sure a mini cooper smoked an SS. Grow up

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 10-16-2002, 09:41 AM   #41
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Class i salmost over, so didn't have enough time to read the whole thing.
I would go with a semi-mix. That is, 80's Camaros/Stangs scream REDNECK to me, thats just a stereotype.
Civics and the like scream RICER, and often Poser to me. Most of these I find to be absolute crap, so much money is wasted on them, IMO, for very little benefit.

I would go with an early 90's car. My suggestions: Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo (300hp, RWD), Dodge Stealth/Mitsubishi 3000GT (320hp, AWD), Toyota Supra (320hp), Toyota MR2 Turbo (200hp, but midengined, and really fast/fun). So, they are japanese, but they are definately not ricers.

Also, to save some money, a 323GTX or 89 MR2 Supercharged are excellent values.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:54 AM   #42
miniboi
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by YogsVR4

Sure a mini cooper smoked an SS. Grow up
yes a mini cooper S beat a camero ss. think about it, it's only 2500 lbs, super charged, it's possible. yes the driver could have been shitty has fuck but we still beat it so :finger: and have a shitty day.
miniboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 09:25 AM   #43
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Quote:

yes a mini cooper S beat a camero ss. think about it, it's only 2500 lbs, super charged, it's possible. yes the driver could have been shitty has fuck but we still beat it so :finger: and have a shitty day.
uh-uhuh sure...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 10-17-2002, 01:25 PM   #44
deadmeat521
AF Newbie

Quote:

lets compare the 2
camaro ss: mini cooper s:
curb weight:3448 curb weight:2550
hp:320 hp:161
0 to 60:4.9 0 to 60:7.3
standing 1/4 mile:13.8 standing 1/4 mile:15.8

so the way i see it the only waya mini cooper s could beat a camaro ss is if the guy in the camaro was a sleep got those numbers for caranddriver.com :finger:
Old 10-17-2002, 01:34 PM   #45
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Yes, the Mini, while very fun, could never beat a Camaro SS. Unless this was some 80's Camaro, with a clapped out motor.

And besides, the limited budget excludes the Mini.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A