Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 03:32 AM   #1
*HondaAngel*
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to *HondaAngel* Send a message via Yahoo to *HondaAngel*
Arrow Drifting!!! Whahaha

Hey guys.... I want to know of anyone knows any drifting techniques!! I have a front wheel drive car and there is always the e-break but I was told you can do it without!! I need some serious lessons from a DriftMasta!! :

Eventually thats what I hope to become!! DriftMasta!!! : HA HA HA

Thanks,
*Angel*
Old 07-22-2003, 06:53 AM   #2
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl
*smack*

*smack smack*

You can't drift a honda. Period. End. You can do out of control sliding, but you cannot do a proper drift due to the fact that a drift is using the rear wheels to oversteer and understeer. If your front wheels are getting any power, they pull the car out of the "drift" that you had almost started. So basically you can slide, and kinda look like a drift until your car stops 4 feet later, but as soon as you touch the gas it's gonna pull you out of it. Unless you have a RWD conversion or an s2k, you are not going to be able to drift a honda. And that is coming directly from a "DriftMasta"

Go smack the riceboys that told you it was possible to drift a fwd car.

HOW TO POST PICS!
Old 07-22-2003, 01:27 PM   #3
*HondaAngel*
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to *HondaAngel* Send a message via Yahoo to *HondaAngel*
Ok, I was just wondering.....

Well, I know that real drifting can only be done in a Rwd car but sliding works for now... I'm not doing a conversion and I'm not getting a rwd car anytime soon... but hopefully in a couple years depending on $. I guess I'll just have to stick it out until my boyfriend gets his car, that will be at least a year or two... oh well!

Thanks for smacking the shit out of me.... I'll slide, not drift!! I love drifting, its a good rush and awsome to watch! But one tip for stupid people out there who want to try it.... hmmm.... dont!! Have somone teach you in person! I have a friend who has been doing it for years and he knows his shit and his car!! I just wanted to know if anyone knew about Frw drifting because I said it couldn't be done and someone told me it could... but anyways, thanks for the imput and the smacks in the face! I feel so loved!

Thanks,
*Angel* - the freaking big amature!!
Old 07-22-2003, 02:12 PM   #4
spdbtr79460
AF Newbie

Good that someone taught you some techniques and not you going out there and trying to do it yourself, because drifting can be dangerous to someone and others if they don't know what they are doing. A lot of people are watching a lot of OPtions videos and thinking they're Japanese drifters. Just be careful and dont do anything your not capable of. Lastly be prepared to crash your car if not total it a lot. Cause I know what happens when you flip your car over and total it. Thats why I got out and went back to my first loves dragin boats and cars. But good luck and stay safe
Old 07-22-2003, 02:22 PM   #5
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
I think I have seen fwd drifting but maybe it was just real good sliding. Anyways you could always drift hairpin turns

Lindsey Boost Enhancer, Blitz EBC, Hot Air Intake, Koni Yellows
Old 07-22-2003, 02:41 PM   #6
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
I'd only attempt trying it out in a LARGE empty parking lot. To "drift" in a FWD car not using the E-brake, you'll have to weight transfer slide. Basically get your car up to a good speed, then turn the wheel hard one way to corner, and hit the brakes when your car starts to turn, this will transfer the weight of the car around and throw the balance off causing a slide. Remember, try it at your own risk.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 07-22-2003, 02:53 PM   #7
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC
i think the only technique that ff cars can use is the left-foot technique

http://www.modernracer.com/tips/leftfootbraking.html

i haven't tried it but know a few that have....i'm still workin on my suspension....oh and "drifting" isn't limited to fr set-ups as we all are accustomed to seeing
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
Old 07-22-2003, 11:45 PM   #8
spdbtr79460
AF Newbie

Yah but the power and control of a FWD car is in the front. Doing a drift with a FWD car is not drifting just a slide, because to get truly sideways you need power from the rear wheels
Old 07-23-2003, 02:21 AM   #9
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Quote:
Originally posted by spdbtr79460
Doing a drift with a FWD car is not drifting just a slide, because to get truly sideways you need power from the rear wheels
Not true. You just need RWD to MAINTAIN the drift, since doing it in FWD you slow down dramatically as you drift/slide. You only need the rear power to keep the drift going.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 07-23-2003, 04:37 AM   #10
B16EJ1
AF Fanatic

Overall it's a rediculous idea. Lay off the Initial D video's until you get a RWD car.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:01 AM   #11
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC
Quote:
Originally posted by B16EJ1
Overall it's a rediculous idea. Lay off the Initial D video's until you get a RWD car.
actually the red ED6 in initial d used the left-foot technique....if they want to use that to go by then so be it.....but it isn't like they're going to get the same results on the 12t, 2nd or even the 50th try..but practice makes perfect....
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
Old 07-23-2003, 01:36 PM   #12
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
Hey if Nomuken can drift an R34 one handed while waving to the crowd then anythings possible

Lindsey Boost Enhancer, Blitz EBC, Hot Air Intake, Koni Yellows
Old 07-25-2003, 09:49 AM   #13
peter i
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to peter i
with S2000 you can !

With a new Honda s2000 You can do a perfect D
Old 07-25-2003, 09:54 AM   #14
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
i would recomend hanging out in our drift forum here on AF

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 07-25-2003, 10:18 AM   #15
peter i
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to peter i
to Honda angel..... (no scarm ....)

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread/t-4772.html

Quote:
heh if you want to know anything about drifting, watch the anime Initial D. it's not just an anime, it's an anime about racing. in Initial D second Stage, there's even a race group made exclusively on Lan Evos. It's pretty old though, so expect to just see an Evo 3 and a 4.

But drifting in a FF is pretty limited. You best bet is to pull on the hand brake, i know, it's really not a drift, but it gets the job done all the same.

defined, it's more than a controlled fishtail. anyway, a drift is a conering manuver done at high speeds where all your tires lose traction, and you continue to slide around a curve. it's hard to imagine, i know, so i drew a crappy picture!

notice the car slides in the beggining? that's heavy oversteer brought on by a good amount of brake and turning the wheel. once sliding, you must counter-steer to keep control and not slide out. once you are done, straighten the car, full gas and power out, regaining some traction. methods for differernt drivetrains are very different, and it's easiest to make a FR car driftheh if you want to know anything about drifting, watch the anime Initial D. it's not just an anime, it's an anime about racing. in Initial D second Stage, there's even a race group made exclusively on Lan Evos. It's pretty old though, .