Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 07:03 PM   #1
91hondagirl
AF Newbie

Hi! :)

hey! im new to AF, i just got my new car a couple weeks ago (91 honda accord) anyways i just wanted to say hi! cause im new...i dont know too much about cars, so you guys will probably see me asking a lot of questions hopefully i'll get some idea how my car works lol

so i just got my car like i said....what should i do first? any ideas? i know im gonna put in a system, but thats all i have so far hey girls i see a lot of you are doing pink interiors, i love pink, but where are you getting all the pink stuff. everywhere i look its all red, blue or yellow but no pink..guess its too girlie, but still. im gonna have to do my interior blue if i cant find any pink stuff.

anyways just wanted to say hey!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:01 PM   #2
importgrlie
AF Newbie

hi...welcome! hope you get all you are looking for here

hmm, about your pink questoin...i dunno where you can find that..i'd go to a preformance shop and ask them if they know of anybody that can do that for you. It will be pretty expensive tho...
Old 07-11-2003, 10:49 PM   #3
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl
get pink vinyl at a craft shop and wrap your interior. I refuse to do pink... Gah my car's gonna look like a guy's car when it's all done. Oh well.

HOW TO POST PICS!
Old 07-12-2003, 02:55 PM   #4
XxLuckyLisaxX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to XxLuckyLisaxX
welcome!!! but i must say pink when doing a car majorly sucks

Say NO to Primer!!
Old 07-12-2003, 08:06 PM   #5
91hondagirl
AF Newbie

yeah ive changed my mind about the pink its is a pain in the ass to do, im just gonna do it blue or red, its easier that way.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:51 AM   #6
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl
hit me up if you need things/help/advice/ideas. I make sub boxes, and have been tinkering in other interior things lately. Let me know.

HOW TO POST PICS!
Old 07-14-2003, 10:26 PM   #7
GSRGRL2
AF Newbie

Re: Hi! :)

Quote:
Originally posted by 91hondagirl
hey! im new to AF,
so i just got my car like i said....what should i do first? any ideas? anyways just wanted to say hey!
WELCOME! I'm sure you will find lots of helpful ideas and concepts on here. Also you might want to check out www.howstuffworks.com. There's a category for cars (and everything else) and you can find out anything you'd want to know. It's very very helpful.
It's hard to give ideas and advice to anyone because everyone's tastes and priorities-let alone financial capabilities-are different. The only few things I suggest (and this is strictly my opinion) are:

1. No stickers-unless it's a brand name of a part you installed in your car. Otherwise...don't do it.
2. No chrome rims-chrome is luxury...not sporty.
3. Save your money and get mods that will be worth it and hold up in the end. Don't buy the cheap stuff just to say you have that mod.
4. Keep it clean-sometimes a stock car can look better than one w/ too many mods.
5. Know what you are putting into your car-too many people get things done to their cars and have no idea what they do...how they work...or how it was installed. Even if you can't watch something being done to your car (at a shop, etc.) find out. The internet is a wealth of aftermarket knowledge...ya just gotta look.
FINALLY>>>
6. Ask questions-don't be afraid to ask questions. How do you think everyone knows what they know? If people make fun of you because you don't know and you want to find out...they are immature and not worthy to be around.
But that's my two cents. I wish you luck in your journey...it will bring many surprises.

Old 07-17-2003, 09:15 PM   #8
TheNotoriousMogg
AF's #1 Bad Guy

Send a message via AIM to TheNotoriousMogg Send a message via Yahoo to TheNotoriousMogg
Quote:
Originally posted by XxLuckyLisaxX
welcome!!! but i must say pink when doing a car majorly sucks
I am with Lisa...pink is ewwwww

thegrumpysergeant.net
Old 07-22-2003, 02:31 AM   #9
*HondaAngel*
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to *HondaAngel* Send a message via Yahoo to *HondaAngel*
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by GSRGRL2

WELCOME! I'm sure you will find lots of helpful ideas and concepts on here. Also you might want to check out www.howstuffworks.com. There's a category for cars (and everything else) and you can find out anything you'd want to know. It's very very helpful.

Hey!! I'm new here too but I'm glad to find some girl racers to support an amature like me... I know enough but still very little and I'm always wanting to learn more!

But I totally agree with GSRGRL2 !!! I get all the info I need about how an engine and how all its parts and mods work from www.howstuffworks.com !! Its the best place to go if you have questions! And as for the rest... about the stickers and "bling", you dont want that crap on your car unless you have a reason like sponsors or you have their products in your car, otherwise its RICE!! Its all show and no go!

Anyways, I'm glad I know where to go for oppinions from people who wont laugh at me or look at me like I'm a stupid girl who should stick to make-up and dresses.... Uhhck (nothing really wrong w/ em, but I just like to be taken seriously and not pushed away because I'm a girl!)

Thanks,
*Angel*
Old 07-22-2003, 02:49 AM   #10
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Welcome to AF forums, HondaAngel.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot