Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 10:05 PM   #1
imakedacookies
AF Regular

Brake issue is worrying me.

Hey I have a 2000 dodge 2500 with the cummins and auto transmission. I asked this in another thread of mine but the problem has become fairly urgent as my other pickup has a cracked block and the fix has failed, now it can't be driven.

Anyway my abs and brake light go on and off. On about 75% of the time and off the rest . Usually no symptoms along with the lights, however once a week or so my brakes completely fail. I have to put it in neutral with the brake pedal to the floor and aim at a shallow ditch. Not a big deal out here but now this pickup has to take me to town till I get the other fixed. The only other thing it's done, and it was only one time was my brakes completely locked up on my while going down the road. I have some people saying master cylinder, others saying hydro boost and one says bad sensors. I don't have enough money to fix everything so I need to do what I can to get it on the first try. Please help, last thing I need is to plow thru a smart car or something if my brakes don't want to work at the wrong time.
imakedacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 01:01 PM   #2
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

Re: Brake issue is worrying me.

If you put your foot on the brake pedal and gently appy brakes, does the pedal gradually go to the floor?

The ABS light issue is likely one of the ABS sensors at one of the wheels has a broken wire. This does not have anything to do with your loss of brakes though.

"Cornbread Red", 2001 Dodge 2500,4X4,HO Cummins Diesel,QC,SWB,6spd.,Banks boost&pyro,US Gage fuel press.,Edge Drag Comp,4"exh.,cowl hood, bhaf, black Holley pump, 140gph...13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, kevlar/ceramic single disc clutch, cheapo fuel cooler, 8x.010" vco injector nozzles, Cat turbo 62-65-.70A/R, 497hp 1089 tq 8/25/14

Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Chris Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:22 PM   #3
imakedacookies
AF Regular

The pedal would just drop. I ended up borrowing a car and getting a master cylinder. That fixed everything.
imakedacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:17 PM   #4
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

Good work!

"Cornbread Red", 2001 Dodge 2500,4X4,HO Cummins Diesel,QC,SWB,6spd.,Banks boost&pyro,US Gage fuel press.,Edge Drag Comp,4"exh.,cowl hood, bhaf, black Holley pump, 140gph...13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, kevlar/ceramic single disc clutch, cheapo fuel cooler, 8x.010" vco injector nozzles, Cat turbo 62-65-.70A/R, 497hp 1089 tq 8/25/14

Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Chris Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
boost , brake , cylinder , hydro , master
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10