Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:23 PM   #16
mikeperformance21
AF Newbie

Re: Best Tuner Car ????

haha i wont complain .. well anyway yes the engine will have to have new internals and a small twin turbo or the aps single turbo kit and whatever is needed to support the power (like you said exhausts fuel injection, etc etc).. what is the deal with the twin turbo.. i have heard that it creates better spool up but is that entirely true i mean can i get away with a quicker spooling single turbo??
mikeperformance21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #17
nismogt_rfreak
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeperformance21
haha i wont complain .. well anyway yes the engine will have to have new internals and a small twin turbo or the aps single turbo kit and whatever is needed to support the power (like you said exhausts fuel injection, etc etc).. what is the deal with the twin turbo.. i have heard that it creates better spool up but is that entirely true i mean can i get away with a quicker spooling single turbo??
Last time I checked the APS system was also a twin turbo kit. I don't know how it performs, but I imagine it's pretty peaky. I'd go with the Greddy twin turbo kit, JWT twin turbo kit, or a Stillen supercharger. Or, if you had the extra money, I'd build a high compression NA motor with Cosworth internals. I don't know how it would perform, but the concept always sounded really cool to me.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #18
UWBadgers2727
AF Newbie

ok i'm going into the army as a reserve to help me get started with this whole thing. when i come back from training i get about 10 grand an then i get another 10 grand over two years. i've been looking to find me a nice big project that'll be worth it when i'm done. i wanna turn a cheap tuner car into a street racing monster. what car with what engine with what upgrades would be best for the 20 grand that i've got coming?
UWBadgers2727 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A