Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
VS40
AF Newbie

Black Rims???

I was thinking on buying some Black Rims, but I'm very worried that they will chip and peel after a year. Keeping looks out of this (since I'm convinced I love the look) think its a good idea to get black painted rims?
VS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:28 PM   #2
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
Re: Black Rims???

Well, I would get them. I'm pretty sure they use one metric assload of hardener in the paint they use on them, so I dont think chipping or peeling should be a problem for a while. But if you get cheap rims, then they may start chipping/peeling earlier. I know that the wheel cleaner I use at work is basically acid and has taken chrome off a wheel when it was used. But it turned out that the wheels were cheap and so there wasnt much in the chrome layer to protect from that sort of thing. So be sure you know what your buying beforehand and that it wont be ruined right away.

Thanks to Nicecar!

Got a Facebook? Join the AF group!
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2213949483&ref=mf
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels