Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 10:14 PM   #31
Kuntry_Boi06
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kuntry_Boi06 Send a message via Yahoo to Kuntry_Boi06
Re: z32tt vs dodge srt4

if i get a z wtih tt do u think i can beat my friends supercharged z28 i didnt think so but thought i ask!
Old 10-10-2004, 10:21 PM   #32
ZCrazyman
AF Regular

well i handed a V6 accord his shit in a bag with 4peeps in my 91 civic hatch from light to light then up a hill to about 100mph it was pretty k00l course my civic isnt stock.. but its definetly not as fast as a Z32 or a Z31 turbo but it is definetly as fast as my Z31 NA its a pretty fast 15sec little car but soon it will have a turbo and will produce 250hp out of a 1.6L dohc then i will race my Z31 FOR sure to see how it does...

My Ebay Items for sale: and more to come... CHECK THEM OUT!!!

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sort=3&rows=50
Old 10-10-2004, 10:34 PM   #33
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfox
i seen the GTO manhandled the new Z (350Z) from the start to the finish i mean totally embarressed the s**t out of the Z my advise is dont even think about messing around with one if your not producing more hp then him the dont have a Vette engine for nothing.

Stock-

GTO 0-60: Mid 5 sec...
6 speed 350Z: Mid 5 sec...

Umm....It'd come down to the driver...definately shouldn't be any "manhandling" going on...

I dunno what's up with the Subaru people....they have...like...6 different cars out varying from quite fast, bad ass little cars...to..."meh" WAGONS...and they're ALL THE SAME MODEL! I don't get it. If you asked someone to take some money and bring you back an Impreza, who KNOWS what you'd get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakageness
are you referring to the STI??? everyone knows the STI hands down will beat a n/a z32. it would more than likely even take out a z32TT stock for stock.
Noooooooooooooooo no no no no no no no no....dude....It would more than LIKELY take out a Z32TT? As much as it pains me to say it, we have to be realistic...a stock Z32TT trying to take on a stock STI would ruin the Z32 guy's day...possibly even if the Z32 is lightly modded. The STIs are VERY fast cars. Regular WRXs are quite fast too. I just wish they'd make the WRX look not so plain, soccor-mom-ish...same thing with the EVO...you look at them and they just look lame...in the back of your mind, you're thinking they might be packin some heat, but you still can't help but look in the driver's side window to make sure you're not trying to initiate a race with your Grandma...

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 10-10-2004, 10:53 PM   #34
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

are you sure about the sti bit llz? the stock quarter for is 13.4 @100, and that's with a professional driver.. so we're talking something closer to 13.9-14.2 with most drivers out there... that's within the range of the zx tt for sure, given the driver knows what he's doing... altho, the 0-60 for the sti is 4.4 seconds which is pretty quick... most test drivers on MODIFIED sti's were hitting anywhere between 4.7 and 5.7 seconds for the 0-60.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...0308scc_sti01/

aaaaaand

http://www.supercars.net/garages/ImprezaBuff/26v2.html
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:23 PM   #35
j_greene
AF Regular

Re: Re: z32tt vs dodge srt4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious93integra
are you sure about the sti bit llz? the stock quarter for is 13.4 @100, and that's with a professional driver.. so we're talking something closer to 13.9-14.2 with most drivers out there... that's within the range of the zx tt for sure, given the driver knows what he's doing... altho, the 0-60 for the sti is 4.4 seconds which is pretty quick... most test drivers on MODIFIED sti's were hitting anywhere between 4.7 and 5.7 seconds for the 0-60.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...0308scc_sti01/

aaaaaand

http://www.supercars.net/garages/ImprezaBuff/26v2.html

Yeah the first sight shows a STi running a 13.1. The others were 2.0L WRX not the 2.5 we are refering to. Ive seen stock a STi run 12.9. The Second sight is not the US STi, again it is the EJ20 powered STi, not as fast as the 2.5. STi run low 13's as a rule. Sorry, but out of the Z32's grasp.

And the GTO runs 13.7 to 14.0. Still pretty fast.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:32 PM   #36
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Yea...the GTOs are reasonable...but the way that one dude said it "manhandled"? Just...no...the GTO was modded or there was a major diff in drivers.

Yea...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1

...they're really fast...especially when you think that these are friggin 4 bangers. They're like...4 cylinder muscle cars or some shit. I've heard numbers around mid-high 4 sec to 60. That's a good bit quicker than a Z32TT.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 10-10-2004, 11:38 PM   #37
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

i see, altho, stock for stock the sti may beat the z32, i would hardly consider it anywhere near out of its grasp.. put it this way, you buy an sti and give me that exact amount of money to go and find a nice zx tt.. i can almost guarantee you the z will be faster

edit: also, good luck finding a regular joe that can pull off those times anyway!
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

Old 10-10-2004, 11:41 PM   #38
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
almost?!?!?!?!

shit you would have nearly 20k's to spend on the engine of the z32TT. lol.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 10-10-2004, 11:48 PM   #39
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

well you never know, you could always go and spend the money on some goofey ass sound system and ridiculous body kit with all the bells and whistles... i'm sure i could make you a sound system that's around 10k+
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 10-10-2004, 11:51 PM   #40
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: z32tt vs dodge srt4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntry_Boi06
if i get a z wtih tt do u think i can beat my friends supercharged z28 i didnt think so but thought i ask!
Probably not. Z28s are reasonably fast stock...slap forced induction on it and the picture changes a bit. A stock TT V6 vs a charged V8? Give the Z32 a few mods and it'd be a good race.

Quote:
well i handed a V6 accord his shit in a bag with 4peeps in my 91 civic hatch from light to light then up a hill to about 100mph it was pretty k00l course my civic isnt stock.. but its definetly not as fast as a Z32 or a Z31 turbo but it is definetly as fast as my Z31 NA its a pretty fast 15sec little car but soon it will have a turbo and will produce 250hp out of a 1.6L dohc then i will race my Z31 FOR sure to see how it does...
Ok...here's a rough "Z car food chain":

Z32TT/350Z manual trans - mid to low 5s to 60
Z32TT auto trans - mid to high 5s to 60
Z31T manual trans- mid to high 6s to 60
Z32 manual trans- mid to low 7s to 60
Z32 auto trans/Z31 manual trans/Z32 2+2 manual trans- prolly low to mid 8s...9s...10s...I dunno...
Z32 2+2 auto trans- maybe a little slower than the above
Z31 2+2 doesn't even matter... - ...like...double-digits...I know they feel faster, but they're not....I used to have one.

That sound about right, guys? I'm pretty tired.

Like...the charged Z28 that was mentioned would probably be at or above the Z32TT/350Z level. I know that it's been a while since I've had my ass kicked as hard as when I messed around with that SS...I think he was charged or at LEAST modded...cuz I'm not THAT slow and he friggin walked from me. The v6 accord would probably fit in somwhere around the Z32 manual area, I guess. A stock Civic would be around the auto Z32 2+2 area. See what I'm trying here? Just trying to get a visual thing goin.

Old 10-10-2004, 11:58 PM   #41
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
i think maybe your number started to slide a little once you got past the z31T...there is no way a civic is keeping up with my z32 2+2 auto. i have beaten many cars that a civic could not beat. i think i read somewhere that the z32 auto 2+2 is mid 7's. z32 manuals are low 7's to high 6's.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 10-11-2004, 12:14 AM   #42
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

there is no comparecing! the STI is a piece of shit looking car. yes it might be a little faster than the ztt but the z looks alot better and with a few upgrades the z becomes a supercar. i havent race one yet but i'm looking forward to it.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:54 AM   #43
nateomonk
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to nateomonk Send a message via Yahoo to nateomonk

HAHAHA i like that broke...... FINALLY THO... they quit making them damn cav's ... but now there making cobalts.... Even uglier But diff name for teh cav
Old 10-11-2004, 04:39 AM   #44
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Never take a knife to a gun fight....Never run out of class..

When your welling to giveup everything to put everything into your car..then you can smoke anything on wheels in your class..but you have to know your limits...to smoke vette's and viper's it takes $$$$$ and the desire. Some could care less 'bout racing and want a good looking car. The same thing goes for the one's with the show cars. If you want the best looking show car you must be welling to giveup everything for your car. As for me, my greatest thrill is smoking a hot V8. The following is a good example of desire and what $$$$$ can do.

http://www.zparts.com/showcase/engin...z-testfit.html
Old 10-11-2004, 06:58 AM   #45
Z32TT_maniac
AF Enthusiast

WRX STI is abit faster then Z32TT..280hp for STI and 300hp for Z32TT..but the STI is smaller,lighter plus all whell drive...both are Japanese super cars...but i prefer the Z32TT..the WRX look like a piece of shiet

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)