Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 10:06 AM   #1
Chewee93
AF Newbie

Question 2000 Altima Hazard lights

Something goofy is going on. After driving the Altima to the mall, locking it, going shopping, upon returning the hazard lights are flashing. The only wat to stop them is to turn the car on and then off and hope that it works. My local mechanic is baffled but thinks it is a problem with the keyless remote. Has anyone else experienced this?
Chewee93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 08:50 PM   #2
IH8SPM
AF Regular

Re: 2000 Altima Hazard lights

Check your altenator for voltage drops. Also check your car battery to make sure it is holding a charge.
IH8SPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:01 PM   #3
Catboy
Catboy

Hazard Light Problem

I don't know if this is related, but when my 2000 was brand new the dashboard would go haywire with the gauges all over the place and idiot lights lit up. It did this several times, and each time it happened it could be reset by shutting it off and starting up again. Of course, when my wife took it to the Nissan dealer (it was under warranty, otherwise dealer service is for suckers), low and behold, they couldn't find or see the problem. Apparently they didn't even look it up based on her description of what was going on. Finally, she took it one time when it happened and kept the car running so it didn't reset, and they agreed it was a problem. The ran it through the computer and Nissan USA had a service bulletin or some other document about this problem. The short end to a long story was that it was a defective wiring harness or relay and that it was a common problem with this year. They replaced it and 65000 miles later we haven't had another problem with this car (unless you include excessive tire wear from hard launches out of the stop light). Maybe your hazard lights are affected by this relay. Good luck.

Josh
Catboy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima