Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General Discussion All general comments or enquiries go here. Website, club oriented, or general Skyline banter.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-03-2001, 12:11 AM   #1
R33
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to R33
Thumbs up Me Tarzan. U Jane. Me Gonna Whup Your Arse!

Whoooooosh......that's my GTR at 1.5 bar boost doing 302kph at 8100 rpm at 3.00 a.m. in S'pore! The GTR is ready. Top Secret fed the data into their system and came up with 614.1 ps at 1.5 bar. I'd however dynoed it on a Dyno Dynamic 4wd dyno and the result is : 564.8 bhp at 7176 rpm (1.46 bar) at the engine and 524.2 hp at all 4 wheels. Torque was recorded at the engine at 566.3 Nm at 7075 rpm.
I dunno what else to say! :jump: :evillaugh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chart.jpg (80.5 KB, 663 views)
Old 09-03-2001, 12:14 AM   #2
R33
AF Enthusiast

P.S. to the previous post.
Actually te Dynamic dyno chart may not be accurate. The damned dyno's belt snap after 2 runs on my GTR! They probably are not used to that kind of power! Anyway, here's the reading at the engine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chart1.jpg (87.4 KB, 160 views)
Old 09-03-2001, 12:15 AM   #3
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 12:29 AM   #4
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 02:56 AM   #5
N/A
AF Newbie

looking good R33. However i would be hoping that power at a lower boost level (1.3bar). Perhaps its the fuel you guys use in KL. How much octane is it? I do know the fuel makes alot of difference..
Anyway, FYI, im flying straight to SG and not KL.. However if you ever come down here.. let me know........ Until then, i suppose youll be whooping thoose EVO wannabe's (aka WiRA) showinfg them what a GTR is... hahahaha
N/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 03:55 AM   #6
R33
AF Enthusiast

Hi N/a. Top Secret puts it at 561.5 ps at 1.3 bar with 62.7 kg/m of torque (about 614.4 Nm). The fuel is shite....97 octane as claimed. The mixture has to be richen because of that and that alone, I am told, cost about 10-20 horses! Anyway, no complain....the car is so driveable. The only difference is the fierce howling of the cams setting. Overall, the engine is smoother than before. The lag is negligible to me coz' when it rains it POURS!
Whupping the arses of the EVO wannabees? Nah...wouldn't want to waste my fuel or insult my RB26DEtt on them! First priority is to find that black M3 which shoved my Lexus off my lane 2 weeks ago. Would like to spit flames into his radiator! He thinks he own the road but wait till I find him!
Was hoping to see you this week but your change of plan has made it impossible....but never mind...there's always another time. While you are in S'pore, do call Lester at Garage R if you have the time.
Old 09-03-2001, 07:04 AM   #7
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
Nice, very nice.

Can you give us a rundown of all the parts you had put on that MONSTER! I remember you said it had 2540, which MotoRex said they sucked. What cams did you go with 264s?

Am I reading your power levels right, 564.8 at the engine and 524.2 at the wheels. Thats a loss of 40.6 in the drive train? I thought you should normally see about 20% in a normal rear wheel drive car, and I would figure it would be a little more, say 25-30 with the all wheel drive. I am confused on that one.

Those are some damn good numbers, now go find that Dick in the M3 and :smoka: him.
SkylineUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 07:25 AM   #8
SkYLiNeFrEaK
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SkYLiNeFrEaK
Looks good R33, whoops i just stole that line from SkylineUSA, my bad. So, how much HP does that translate into? I dunno what BHP is anyway, so some one explain please. Thank you GO SMOKE THAT M3!!!
SkYLiNeFrEaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 09:41 AM   #9
N/A
AF Newbie

hahah... yes, i absolutely love that haul when on full boost in 2nd or 3rd gear... the GTR just feels like its a monster lurching forward.. i know the road in KL is quite bad... and the damn traffic...
down here, i pretty much only run big bikes for the high speed...... enjoy yours!! im hoping mine makes more power this time round.... still not sure what exhaust cam to run... 264/264 or 264/272.... I rang HKS JP and they said if 1.5bar 272.. but then im stuck with the degree of timing to set!!!!

ps: now im sure u really find the ETC usefull!! haaha
Old 09-03-2001, 10:36 AM   #10
96SEChick
AF Regular

OMG!

R33, that is so freaking awesome! Pushing 524hp to the wheels?!?! OMG!! Can I see a picture of your car since it's all put back together now? I'm new here, so the only pics I've seen was from Top Secret.

Lauren
96SEChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 11:29 AM   #11
N/A
AF Newbie

Hi again R33... off thew topic but do you know what is involved in importing to mly? I was thinking of getting a car send from Japan to my brother in KL however i am not sure of the requirements for that.. i havent been there for 10 yrs now...

If you do, please let me know.. also did you get yours in by yourself or from a dealer?

Thx
Old 09-03-2001, 11:46 PM   #12
Racer 20
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Racer 20
YOU SUCK!!!!!!
Racer 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 02:33 AM   #13
Guiddy
AF Enthusiast

That's a nice flat curve too!

You should see my VTEC curve! Looks like Mount everest!
Guiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 06:46 AM   #14
primera man
"P-Man"

Send a message via AIM to primera man
R33....YOU ARE DA MAN !!!

That is some good HP there........go kick some arse dude.

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
primera man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 03:03 AM   #15
R33
AF Enthusiast

Ok. Ladies first Lauren, I will post the pics as soon as I take them. Right now I am drowned in work. Anyway, good to see a lady on board. Sort of a thorn among all of us roses!
The parts: too numerous to list all but notably are:
HKS 264/272 (in/ex) cam kit with adjustable pulley
HKS 2540s
HKS racing forged 87mm pistons kit
HKS 1.6 MHG
HKS high pressure oil pump
Top Secret Competezione ROM
Top Secret stage 2 head porting and polishing
Top Secret oil catch tank
ARC racing radiator
AP Racing 6 pot brake kit
NISMO fuel pump
NISMO 600cc injector

N/A: the road in M'sia are now excellent. How about more than 1000km of multi lanes highways? Get in the GTR at 2 am with your right foot superglued to the pedal for some fun!

Skyline USA: Yeah...I am too re the power at the wheel. That's the reading the dyno gave! But hell....I am not about to sit and ponder the numbers!