Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 06:34 PM   #1
den
AF Newbie

interior

Interested in purchasing a 2003 325ci (don't race so don't need 330) and am wondering if paying the extra $1400 is worth it for the leather interior. Does anyone have the leatherette and are you happy with it?
den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 01:06 AM   #2
Rossco
AF Regular

I have Leather interior in my car, and will definitely be getting leather in my next car. Ordinary trim seems to pale in comparison.

Rossco
1996 E36 320i
Rossco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 12:40 PM   #3
tward
AF Newbie

Ive only had my 2002 325i for less than a week. I got the "leatherette" because I didn't want to spend the extra for leather. I quizzed the sales rep about whether or not I should go ahead and get leather. He said to get what I wanted. He said the leatherette would look and wear almost like the real thing. it would lower the resale some but to get what I wanted and not to worry about it.
tward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 01:15 PM   #4
Celsdogg
AF Regular

what do you actually think about the leatherette in your car? was it worth getting the leatherette? i have cloth in my old bimmer, but when i build the 330 on bmwusa.com i sometimes choose the leatherette, i am kinda wondering too for when i get ready to get a e46. . .
Celsdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 11:22 AM   #5
tward
AF Newbie

Only time will tell if "leatherette" was a wise choice. I doubt most people could tell the difference by just looking at them though. Don't know how they will wear compared to leather. I've never had real leather, so it will be hard for me to compare. I have never been unhappy with cloth seats in my other cars.
tward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 07:31 PM   #6
hydrazine
AF Newbie

Yeah I think tward's sales rep was about right. My E46 coupe has leatherette over the last year and a bit, and it works just fine so far. I'd say that the leather's nicer than the leatherette, but I personally think that the comfort level is not the same as, say, the Lexus GS' leather. That's how I came to the conclusion that it's not worth that little extra. But you may see it differently so try on both and see.
hydrazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 03:21 AM   #7
hydrazine
AF Newbie

Yeah I think tward's sales rep was about right. My E46 coupe has leatherette over the last year and a bit, and it works just fine so far. I'd say that the leather's nicer than the leatherette, but I personally think that the comfort level is not the same as, say, the Lexus GS' leather. That's how I came to the conclusion that it's not worth that little extra. But you may see it differently so try on both and see.
hydrazine is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series