Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > E-Class
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 05:57 AM   #1
RMT6668
AF Newbie

BAS/ESP & ABS fault indicator on

Hi

My E240 2001 BAS/ESP & ABS came on yesterday whilst I was driving. The 2 indicator came on at the same time. But each time I turn off the engine & restart the 2 fault indicators dont come on till I depress the brake pedal.

Checking my service record, on 15/07/05, the Front Brake Pad, Brake Disc and Brake Fluid had been replaced.

Can some pls help diagnose this fault? Prviously I had these kind of fault indicator lights up when I unplug & plug back the battery under the back passenger seats.

Kind Regards,
RMT6668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:22 AM   #2
99avenger2.5
AF Newbie

Re: BAS/ESP & ABS fault indicator on

without any codes it is hard to diagnose, but the most comon problem is the stop lamp switch. it is located behind the brake pedal. check to see if your brake lights are working properly, however they may still work fine if the swich is faulty. it is easy to change. you just have to remove the panel below the dash and you will see the switch. their are two plugs going to it. the switch comes out by turnig it about 1/8 rotation then pulling it out. when you install the new one you have to install it with the plunger all the way out.
99avenger2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > E-Class