Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
dublin28
AF Newbie

rims for 944 porsche

I have a 1984 porsche 944 and I want some black rims. They are very hard to find so I am looking at putting an adapter on my bolt pattern so i could put normal 5 lug rims on it. That way i can pick more my kind of rim too. Has anyone tried the adapters? They seem like a good idea to me. here is the link for one typehttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SET-4-5x112-5X130-5x4-5-WHEEL-ADAPTERS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c5427ffb1QQitemZ19039 0468529QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries#ht_1007wt_982

if i did that then the next question is how big of a rim can i put on? I want a 16 or 17 in rim. I found some nice 17in rims but what size tire would I want? Would 215/50/17 work good? let me know what the best size would be and would fit good for both a 16in rim and a 17in rim.

Thanks,
Nate
dublin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #2
HeavyJ
AF Regular

Re: rims for 944 porsche

You might try TireRack.com's website, it will tell you what will and won't fit.
HeavyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
oldblu65
AF Fanatic

Re: rims for 944 porsche

dublin28 , Porsche spent max dollars developing the suspension on your 944 . I feel the spacers are potentially dangerous but will also change the suspension geometry on the car causing you to lose the handling - the reason most people buy a Porsche . As far the dangerous statement , you know the Porsche parts are of a superior grade but you can't be sure the spacers meet the same criteria ? The spacers are what will be holding the wheels on your car and if one fails , guess what - the wheel falls off ! You certainly would hope you aren't at speed on the freeway when that happens ! I'd suggest finding a good Porsche web site with a forum and asking other Porsche owners for their advice . There are a gadzillion wheel options on the market and the Porsche is a very desired car so finding many wheel options should not be a problem . Just my ! Good luck !

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical