Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 11:39 AM   #31
mike9188
AF Newbie

Re: Blinking engine light

Hello I haven't been on this site for more than 7 years. Even forgot my password and email account closed. I was Flatrater.

To answer some questions.

First a blinking SES light means cat converter damage will happen. Do not drive a car with a flashing SES light.

Since OBD 2 came out in 1995 the SES is mainly an emission light. In other words if your SES light is on the truck has exceeded the allowable emissions limit set by the EPA.

The P0300 misfire code with noticeable performance problem is your CPI unit under your intake manifold. The injector is stuck. I believe on this year you can change just one injector but you need to know which injector in clogged. You can buy the whole CPI unit for less than 200 dollars and less. Here is a web site that sells the CPI http://www.injectorwarehouse.com/bos...tq6RoCPObw_wcB

Before anyone gets there panties in a bunch I have changed 100's of CPI units during 16 years od GM dealership experience including 8 years as a working shop foreman.
mike9188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:43 AM   #32
mike9188
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireplug View Post
You all so called Techs had better LEARN the difference between a Steady Check engine lite and Flashing Check Engine Lite. Steady lite, the ECM,PCM,VCM, PCM2,PCM3 Has detected a sensor out of range . That could mean a sensor has failed or is telling you that something is wrong and caused the sensor it give a out of range reading.
Driving is ok but fuel milage is down and power out put is down. NO EMISSION Damage is being done.
Flashing Check engine Lite means the ECM, VCM,PCM,PCM2,PCM3 HAS dected a major emission Failer. That could be a Major misfire, fuel injector leak or what ever. But the bottom line is that the Emission system is being damaged or about to be damaged and driving it is a no-no.
Please all you so called know it alls tell me I am wrong. And when you do and some on here listens to you and melts down there truck/car or God forbid nobody get hurts.
CALL ANY GM Dealership and ask or better yet READ the most unread book in the world the OWNERS MANUAL.

I agree with you 100% Cat converters are not cheap for the right one. The cheap ones are not the right one.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:48 AM   #33
mike9188
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessaruley View Post
It is a 95 Chevy Blazer I am not sure about the engine. The light was only blinking when it idles but today it started blinking when I started down the road. I have an appointment to put it in the shop Tues. the 28th. Can I drive it blinking? It is our only vehicle and we have to drive a 60 mile round trip to work.
There was a recall on the wiper control circuit board at one time. Go to https://my.chevrolet.com/recalls enter your vin.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #34
mike9188
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerLT View Post
A.) Sounds like the injector or internal nut kit is leaking. Bank PO172 fuel system too rich bank leads me to believe the nut kit has sprung a leak.

b.) IAT Sensor is defective P0113 is for a bad IAT sensor.

c.) EGR Vlave is defective and is not opening up.
May I ask what are you talking about an internal nut kit. Never heard that name.
Blazer you have been a mod for along time. I was a mod alongside you years ago.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:00 PM   #35
blazee
Problem?

Welcome back Flatrater.

The 1995 engines have a single centrally located injector. 1998+ have the 6 mini-injectors.
Problems with the 1995 CPI are almost always a case of either the FPR or nut kit leaking. The "nut kit" consists of the two short fuel lines that connect the vehicle fuel lines to the CPI unit in the plenum. Leaking can easily be identified by looking inside the plenum. The inside should be black, any shiny spots indicate areas that have been washed by leaking fuel.
blazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:37 PM   #36
mike9188
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazee View Post
Welcome back Flatrater.

The 1995 engines have a single centrally located injector. 1998+ have the 6 mini-injectors.
Problems with the 1995 CPI are almost always a case of either the FPR or nut kit leaking. The "nut kit" consists of the two short fuel lines that connect the vehicle fuel lines to the CPI unit in the plenum. Leaking can easily be identified by looking inside the plenum. The inside should be black, any shiny spots indicate areas that have been washed by leaking fuel.
Thank you wasn't sure.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:07 PM   #37
Patw
AF Newbie

I have the same issues with my 95 blazer, code for a bad O2 sensor and po 305 , It has a complete tune up and spider injector, I take the plentum off and I can still see it's leaking somewhere but as I turn on fuel pump I hear it come on , gas is there but no leaks to b seen . I have
Patw is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer