Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 12:33 PM   #1
jehanny
AF Newbie

05 T&C intermittent starting issus

my T&C is having intermittent starting issues:

1st occurrence:
Drove for about an hour, stopped at grocery store for about 10 minutes. Van started, I backed up about 2 feet and it sputtered and died. Would not restart. Cranked fine but wouldn't rev and start. Tried to start for about 10 minutes before calling tow truck. Towed it to dealer and it sat over the weekend. Started right up for the mechanic every time they tried so they had me come back and get it.

2nd occurrence: The day I picked up the van I drove for about an hour, then parked it for about 2 hours. Cranked fine but wouldn't rev and start. I fumbled around in the dark under the hood for about 15 minutes, still would not start after several attempts. Finally, after about 45 minutes of periodically trying the van fired up and I drove it home (45 minutes). I called the dealership and drove it in. They have not been able to recreate the problem over a 3 day period.

I don't think it is the fuel delivery system because when it finally does catch and start, it runs great. It feels like something is preventing it from actually firing and starting. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
jehanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:01 PM   #2
moparman58
AF Newbie

Re: 05 T&C intermittent starting issus

Check your connections to the cam sensor (PCM) or crankshaft sensor. You should be getting a check engine light with it. On my old van, every now and then I get the same symptoms. I just get out and squeeze the connections together and it starts right up. Also, one or both of those sensors may be going bad, so replacing them may solve your problem. If you are not getting a check engine light, your problem may be a blocked fuel filter or a fuel pump going bad.
moparman58 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
2005 , issues , starting
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager