Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
Vkovvuri1
AF Newbie

Which car should i get?

Hey guys, i joined af today and i have a question. So we are gonna get a new car in the next year or year and a half. Our budget is around 40-45 k. So we are look at some used cars. We seem interested in the 2008 or 2009 or 2010 maserati gran turismo and maybe a two year old f type or a 2-4 year old jaguar xj or xf or a tesla model s or the 30k tesla or a mercedes cla. Please keep in mid we will be buying this at the end of 2015 or mid 2016 so keep the years in par with those. So a 2 year old car in 2016 would actually be a 2014 model. Thank you guys and please help. U guys could suggest other relatively used or new cars in the budget but no american or japanese cars. Thank u
Vkovvuri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
Black Lotus
AF Regular

Re: Which car should i get?

If you can get a used Tesla S for $40K I'd jump on it. Particularly if it has the high output motor and battery. And... you have some Supercharger stations nearby.
Probably aint gonna happen tho. So save up!
Wouldn't bother with any older Jag, MB.
Sister bought an older2010? Maserati Quattroporte for about $65K and after working the bugs out, it turned into a fine car.
Black Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
PhilCoGrapevine
AF Newbie

Re: Which car should i get?

I guess your choice would depend on what you will need the car for. Since you probably will be using it for everyday driving, you’ll have to consider your real needs first. List down what you’d want your car to have as this will make it easy for you to come up with a decision. Some things you need to consider are as follows:
• Is it cheap on gas? If you drive a lot, you’d be better off with a car that doesn’t use up too much gas.
• Is it reliable? You’d need a car that can tough it out especially if you don’t want to spend a fortune on repairs.
• Does it have side airbags and antilock brakes?
• Does it have cruise control?
And so on…
If you have to choose between a jaguar xj and a Mercedes cla, I guess I’d go for the jaguar. There are a lot of places where you can find used cars for sale.

Last edited by Crvett69; 10-21-2014 at 03:10 PM. Reason: ad
PhilCoGrapevine is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General