Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > IS200/IS300/IS350/Altezza
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 04:40 AM   #1
TrizZo
AF Newbie

Got the Is200.. now what?

Hey guys! I am new to this forum so please excuse any errors etc.

I have recently bought an Is200 (1g) LHD and am completly happy with it, even the engine sounds brilliant, but unfortunatly it does not have the power to go with the acoustics

I have looked around for a long time at different supercharger / turbo kits and engine swaps and have come to the conclusion to dismiss a 2jz etc. because its too much work and im not looking for that kind of power,). It looks like the best options are either a 3s-ge from the altezza since it should fit in without much problem or a turbo/sc kit. my engine has almos done 100'000 ks though and i am worried about faliure of the internals if I try to get too much power out of it.

my ultimate goal is 200-300 reliable hp, nearer 300 if possible without spending more than 6/7k dollars.

Thanks for your help and any suggestions / experiance!!
TrizZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:52 PM   #2
Haijo
AF Newbie

Re: Got the Is200.. now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrizZo View Post
Hey guys! I am new to this forum so please excuse any errors etc.

I have recently bought an Is200 (1g) LHD and am completly happy with it, even the engine sounds brilliant, but unfortunatly it does not have the power to go with the acoustics

I have looked around for a long time at different supercharger / turbo kits and engine swaps and have come to the conclusion to dismiss a 2jz etc. because its too much work and im not looking for that kind of power,). It looks like the best options are either a 3s-ge from the altezza since it should fit in without much problem or a turbo/sc kit. my engine has almos done 100'000 ks though and i am worried about faliure of the internals if I try to get too much power out of it.

my ultimate goal is 200-300 reliable hp, nearer 300 if possible without spending more than 6/7k dollars.

Thanks for your help and any suggestions / experiance!!
Honestly I would start with something small. And not going directly for a big old engine swap, or anything, maybe adding a new exhaust, intake, ETC. Something to start giving it HP, because my uncle tried giving a bunch of power to a Low HP car right off the bat and the car didn't run well because it wasn't really.. ready for it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > IS200/IS300/IS350/Altezza