Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 12:41 PM   #1
showtimez71
AF Newbie

Question disabling passlock 1 for dune-buggy

I have a 2.4L out of a 96 grand-am which is installed in a dune buggy

The Passlock 1 system shuts it down after 10 seconds.

I need a way to bypass the entire system, not just the key
showtimez71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 03:00 PM   #2
Gregzilda
AF Newbie

passlock system on pontiac grand am "dune buggy"

Are you saying that the car dies after 10 seconds? If you are then the system has detected that someone has tried or is trying to steal the car and that is what the passlock system does. I will tell you from experience what I would do but caution you that you are doing this of your own free will and that I am not liable for any damage you might do to your car by doing so. Anyway, it isn't rocket science or even dangerous I just feel obligated to free myself from responsibility for negative outcomes. Here what you do: When you try to start the car it will usually start for a few seconds then die. When it does this leave the cars ignition switch in the "run" position for 11minutes. (NOT THE CRANK POSITION BUT RUN. The theft light will continue to blink on the dash, provided you used the dash too.) Really you have to only leave it on for 10 minutes but 11 minutes will ensure you got a good 10 minutes on. If you have one of those grand am's that have the lights on anytime the key is on this could run down your battery. To solve this problem click your emergency brake on a few clicks until the headlights go off. After 11 minutes you should be able to start your car. If this doesn't work, try again. Good luck
Gregzilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 10:10 PM   #3
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Why are you using the ignition system from the G-am anyway? Do you have one of the origonal keys? There are only 15 different codes in those keys. I am unaware that you can leave it "on" for 10 minutes to bypass it. I know you have to do that when you have used the wrong code too many times.
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote