Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 05:57 AM   #31
Mines69Olds
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Mines69Olds
Re: Engines?

You know that is really mature. I am only 18 and you have had a husband for as long as I have been alive. He must be a raging alcoholic or someone without and balls or enough sense to know how immature and crazy you really are. You won I admit, but there is no prize, no glory, no real victory here. But I have won too, and my prize is I do not have to communicate with you so I hope you are proud of your victory because I am proud of mine.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:16 AM   #32
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

Anita, or is it "Ms. Bonghit"? (now THAT'S funny!)

I have a little quiz. "Yes" or "No" answers are all that are required, to keep it simple for you.

1. Is it really okay with you that Rhonda called a member a name without provocatiion?

2. If it's "sexual harrassment" for me to paraphrase my wife concerning her, is it not also "sexual harrassment" for her to directly challenge Matthew's "love life"?

3. Is taking words out of context an acceptable tactic in legal matters?

Answer those honestly and understand where my approach is coming from.
BTW, those are not "big words and masculine ideaology". It's called "English" and it comes from paying attention in school. At least Rhonda knows how to punctuate a sentence and use good diction. If you expect to have any credibility, you might use a different name and get your English right.

Rhonda,
Regardless of what you erroneously think of me, I really have great respect for women. I have little respect for ANYONE (male OR female) that would manipulate words to make a false case.
I find it absolutely hillarious that you would search the threads and try to use something I said in another against me. If you would call my stepson and tell him how insensitive I am because I called him a "Saturn Sicko", he would laugh and reply something to the effect of "Cool!" We are quite close, and the term "Sicko" is a compliment. Maybe you need a stool so jokes don't go over your head! (another joke)
For once, try to understand. When dealing with other people's words, you must first understand THEIR perspective, and the intent of their words. Calling you a name might be an attack to you, but the name-caller might be paying you a "back-handed" compliment. The reciprocal of that is also true.
A case could be made, that the person calling someone an "idiot" because they want information on installing the most popular and prolific engine on the planet in a light and relatively cheap chassis is the real idiot...
We've seen more and more Mustangs getting small block Chevy power. It is, afterall, the cheapest way to get a 2,500 lb. car into the 10s. Can a Ford engine do that? Of course. But not for anywhere near the price.

For the record, Ford engines are no better or worse than Chevys. Both have good and bad points. The same is true of any and all engine families.
Personally, I would use a Ford engine in a Ford. But I'm a bit of a "purist". I get riled when I see a Chevy motor in a Pontiac, so as I'm NOT a hypocrite, I like to see what the manufacturer put in there, at least within manufacturer's products (I like a Lima block in a Fox body).

Lastly, your statement about "I win!" is wonderful! Congratulations. If you don't like the way this board is run, just like I don't like TV news, you're welcome to go somwhere else, just as I am welcome to change the channel or turn off the TV.
PAX

Jim
Old 10-27-2005, 02:07 PM   #33
Mines69Olds
AF Regular

Very nicely put Jim.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:30 PM   #34
anitabonghit
AF Newbie

engines

Hey ''Jim'',
So mustanglvr wins,does she?I'm sorry,but I did'nt realize this was a competion.I thought this was a public forum in which we were allowed to express our opinions without fear of persecution and ridicule.But I guess not,since that is all that has been on here since i started following the conversation.I have learned in my experiences with men and motorheads alike,that one thing you dont do,is insult one of their kind.And if you do speak negatively about one or all of them,you will be persecuted until they believe you will never forget and do it again.They can't remember to take out the garbage,but they won't let you forget something you said about their ''wrenching buddy''.
In response to your questions,which I am in no way obligated to acknowledge,much less answer, but I feel I must set the record straight.While Rhonda may have called Plastikboy a name,she was still only stating her opinion.An opinion that was not without provocation.It is obvious that the idea of combining the parts of two different makes of automobile infuriated her to the point of provoking her into sharing her opinion with others participating on this forum.Clearly you were not capable of processing her opinion in a positive manner.
As for Rhonda challenging Matthew's love life,it was clear to me that the comment was not meant to be sexual in any way.''Women in his life''does not only pertain to his life partner,but obviously also his mother,grandmothers,aunts,sisters,neices,ect.I just can't help but wonder why everything has to be about sex with guys.
And to answer the last question,what does the term''legal matters'' have to do with it?Are we testifying in court? Have any charges been filed and do I have to provide a statement for some sort of authorities?I think not,and I also think that while all parties have taken words out of context,either here or somewhere else,asking if it is an acceptable tactic in legal matters is a totally irrelevent question here.In a public forum,legality is not an issue.
And finally ''Jim'',the only real thing you could find to respond to was my use of diction and punctuation?That is truly the best you could come up with?I'm sorry,but I actually thought you might be able to post a response that would be useful.And you don't like my name?What is that?Well I hate to break it to you,but I don't like yours,either and I also think you didn't understand a thing I said.Oh,and just for the record,again,I did pay attention in school.I sincerely hope my use of proper diction and punctuation did't confuse anyone out there.Lord knows we can't have anyone any more confused than they already are.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:36 AM   #35
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

Ms. Hit...

So, voicing an opinion involves name calling? Maybe in the third grade... Based on your comments about combining different brands of cars clearly illustrates you have no concept of race cars or automotive technology in general. It's done ALL THE TIME, without any of the little "quirks" you have described. There were no less than 5 Chevy-powered Mustangs at Richmond Dragway last time I was there (3 weeks ago). ALL of them were faster and quicker than ANY Ford-powered car there that day. If you are going to contribute to boards, don't base it on myth and superstition. If someone asks for an opinion, give it without condescension. If they ask for informatioin, unless you have something constructive to offer, STFU.

I avoided addressing your rediculous and ignorant remarks about racism calling my wife a "German". Germany is a country, NOT a source of ethnic background. A German is a citizen of that country. My wife is very proud of her German heritage and citizenship. She maintains her German citizenship because of that pride. She loves the USA, and the opportunities and freedom it allows. But she is a loyal citizen of her country, and I support her completely in that. For you to purposefully misconstrue that to mean something derogetory is absurd. As for her age, well, German women don't think like American women. They have an entirely different set of "hang ups" (everyone has "hang ups", not just women, so don't go there). They do not include being insecure about their age, nor do they include being self-righteously indignant over jokes and inuendo. They usually laugh at jokes. They also have a generally healthy outlook towards sex. It's not a "tool" or a "means to an end". It's what two consenting adults do to have real fun and share their love.

You still have no concept of a sentence of paragraph. Wanna talk about making statemetns that are "useful"? You take her side, but when her words are used against her, you jump the fence. Not a competition? You're absolutely correct. Then, why is it okay for her to gloat about "winning"? Pick a side...

The words "sexual harrassment" are very serious in today's hyper-sensative world. For Rhonda to level the accusation at me, AFTER she had done so to another, shows a very clear double standard, whereby the "minority" (not accurate, as the population is a bit over 51% female) assumes they are allowed to do or say whatever they want without fear of retribution, yet will point the finger at anyone that would challenge them. It was she and you that read into my comment "sex". I made no reference to it. It seems you two are the ones pre-occupied with it, as it seems to be your entire argument. It has been my experience with women (as you have shared your experiences, I can as well), that they are either extremely frustrated or "batting for the oither side" when they play these games. And make no mistake, it IS a game. As I told Rhonda, I tell you: You don't fool me for a second.

As this IS a public forum, it is bad form to begin your relatioinship with the board members by calling names and hiding behind phony "poor me" BS. It is just as rediculous to be insulted because someone didn't read your "bio" and be held accountable for that. We (most people on car boards) don't read bios until we have need to contact an individual.
Because MagicRat didn't read her bio, she calls him out for it, like this a classroom and we're all children. "Don't you see how insenstive that is?" No. I see how hyper-sensative SHE is. The reason he didn't know she was "female" is because NOBODY CARES what gender ANYONE here is. MagicRat is one of the more knowledgeable and helpful people on this particular board. By alienating him (yes, he's a MAN), you have effectively cut yourself off from his expertise. That expertise is WHY most come here, to learn from others. Matthew said it clearly in virtually every post he made. We are here to exchange information. If our approach to that doesn't fit your feminist eutopean views, TOO BAD! DEAL with it! You or Rhonda are not going to change the way things get done, here or anywhere else. As I said earlier, if you want to be equal, and accepted as "part of the gang", you must adapt to the "gang". The "gang" is not going to adapt to you.

Most car guys LOVE it when they meet car gals. This is not gender or sexually related. There are too few females out there willing to get their hands dirty (a necesary part of being a car "person") or to learn what "quench" or "compression ratio" even mean. When one shows up at the track, she will attract a crowd, even if she's not "attractive". She will get help from all the racers, just like the men do.

I never said I didn't like the name you gave yourself. In truth, I DO like it! That's why I added the humor statement. It IS funny. It's just that no one will take you seriously with it.

You don't like my "name"? Do you have a clue where it comes from? Do you think I really care whether or not you like it? Do you even have a clue what a "P-Body" is?

Just go on to the next site where you can take sniper shots and cry "foul" when someone challenges you. You've worn out your welcome here.

Jim (no quotes, that's my real name)
Old 10-28-2005, 11:10 AM   #36
Mustanglvr_GTCS
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr_GTCS
Re: Re: Engines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mines69Olds
You know that is really mature. I am only 18 and you have had a husband for as long as I have been alive. He must be a raging alcoholic or someone without and balls or enough sense to know how immature and crazy you really are. You won I admit, but there is no prize, no glory, no real victory here. But I have won too, and my prize is I do not have to communicate with you so I hope you are proud of your victory because I am proud of mine.

So you are implying that I am immature? You`re the one that has gotten yourself backed into a corner and has come lashing out and insulting my husband when you can`t think of anything else to say. So you`re only 18, boo hoo. So am I supposed to feel sorry for you because you`re only 18? You got yourself into this, so you`re gonna have to get yourself out. BTW, my husband wants to meet you cuz he says he wants to stomp on your little balls.LOL He has read everything that has been written in this thread and agrees with the fact that you two gentlemen have been nothing but rude, egotistical bullies. Also, you say you don`t have to communicate with me, so why do you still? Bow out now while you still retain your dignity.

MrPbody, when you quoted your wife saying "you need to get a little from time to time" you had to of agreed to it otherwise you would`nt have wrote it. That is sexual harassment and if you don`t believe me, go ask your laywer. I`m sure you have one, because I`m certain your mouth has gotten you into trouble before. So does she (you) want to know what my husband and I do in bed too? I`ve been sexually harassed before and I won`t put up with it. I have never said anything sexual to any of you. Its not my fault you men took it that way, but you have this predispositioned attitude that women are only good for one thing, sex. When I told Mines69Olds that he probably have no women in his life, how on earth could you guys take it that I meant sexually? I meant intellectually. Because of his rude and disrespectful attitude. I`m sure your wife is just loving everything written in this thread and probably feels its about time someone, (not necessarily female) put you in your place. You seem to be the type of person that gloats about being the one who wears the pants in the family and has most certainly said it on more then one occasion.

I am glad Anita has posted here and agrees that you guys are really just talking out of your asses. Since when do you two represent the whole board? I don`t see the word administrator under your usernames. You guys just don`t like something I said, so you have to try to insult me, to make me leave. You thought I would just take the tonguelashing and curl up and die somewhere. But I would`nt would I?You just can`t stand the fact that I have stood up for myself. I have met you at every turn. You gentlemen are the type that want to keep the womenfolk in there place. This is after the fact. If I had fought back as a male you would`nt have cared less. I know, I`ve met your types on these forums before.

So what kind of education do you think I have? To be honest, Mines69Olds has more than I do and he`s only 18, but I am smart enough to know when someone is too ignorant to realize they have some very serious issues concerning control. You can`t control me and you never will. Otherwise you would have stopped posting 4 days ago. You feel you are right in everything you do and there is no in between. Its either, or. I know I have now left myself vulnerable to you both when I mentioned my lack of education and I know you won`t hesitate to somehow use it against me, whether in a so-called joke or insult. To think of what I could have done with my life if I`d graduated from High school. Its mindboggling isn`t it? I probably would have been your boss.Or maybe your bosses boss. You`de better be careful with whom you deal with in the future. I don`t need to be accepted by you or anyone else on this board. You do not represent this board and if you think you do, you are sorely mistaken. Maybe if you and the 18 year old and SOMEONE ELSE from ANYWHERE in these forums could try to back you up, you might have a little credibility. BUT YOU DON`T! I really suggest counseling for both of you. You might want to brush up on your law a little too while you`re at it.

"I`m trying to see your point of view, but I cant stick my head up my ass that far"
Old 10-28-2005, 01:19 PM   #37
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

Rhonda,

Your husband agrees? Or he just tells YOU that to keep you off his back. No self-repecting man would allow his wife to push him around any more than he would push HER around. I pity him. My wife pities YOU. No one is as sour as you without having some axe to grind. And, BTW, Matthew wasn't insulting your husband, he was insulting YOU! You're just so wrapped up in yourself, you missed it.
You allusion to the potential of my abusing my wife or daughters is a personal insult. I have a mind to sick my daughter on you. You would be so outclassed in an intellectual capacity it would frighten you. And, as you brought her into it, she would take it personal.
Since I raised her to be her own person, and NOT fall victim to anyone or anything, she would certainly have something to say about my being chauvenistic in any way. We used to joke that kidnappers would either kill her or pay us to take her back. Yup, one would surely have their hands full if April was pissed! That's my girl! She's 24, rather attractive (a proud Papa says, anyway), and in the process of getting formally educated. I look forward to her completion of education and the films she will make may change lives. That's her intent, anyway. At 24, many of us had good intentions. Some, and some more than others, get sidetracked. I doubt she will. It has been her dream since she was 10, to direct movies. She is following that dream, mainly from my encouragement.

Anita "Bonghit" is a fictitious character, made up by a man, just to keep this thing going. I'm sure most reading find it quite entertaining. But you probably didn't get that, either. Never a stool around when you need one...(:-

Yes, I have an attorney. I use one in business matters from time to time. No, you could never be my boss. I own the company. I AM the boss. No, no females work for me. None will do this kind of work. It's either "beneath" them or too "icky". If a qualified applicant showed up, they would get equal consideration, regardless of race, creed, color, national origin or gender. The key word there is "qualified". You can't read websites or magazines and be qualified to work in this industry. You must get educated in the technical specifics, put in the time, pay your dues, AND get your hands dirty, just as if you WERE a man... That's what "equal" means.

So, all of this was precipitated by your insult out of the blue, based on your completely emotional and ignorant opinion of Chevrolet engines. Matthew announced you as the "winner" and you immediately grabbed it. Sounds pretty immature to me! Maturity is not aged-based. It comes from growing up. As he said, we are not in school, and we are not being "graded". There is no winner in this kind of "discussion". Only degrees of losing.
I think he (Matthew) handled himself quite well for an adolescent. You ridicule him for being 18. That too, shows a lack of maturity on your part. If you really HAVE been married for 18 years, you should have been beyond that about 17 years ago...

You mention in one of your posts "logic". Are you aware that no human is capable of pure logic, regardless of gender? It's true. Mathematics is the closest thing we on this planet have to true logic.

So you think I would use your lack of education against you. Well, I won't. No need. You've aptly demonstrated your lack of concern for anyone but yourself. I've known people with Doctorate degrees that have the same issues. I've also known illiterate men (no, no women) that are among the best automotive technicians I've ever known. That does NOT mean there ARE no women like that. It means exactly what it says. I (personally) don't know any.

I still find it humorous that you rely on supposition and fabrication to make your "case" and sidestep all the points that really illustrate this entire issue. Perhaps you should ask YOUR attorney, where the sexual harrassment lies in my statement. They will note the absence of the word "sex" anywhere in it. I might be talking about KNOWLEDGE. As I never stated my intent, you would have an impossible time proving ANYTHING. But, by telling us all you've "been sexually harrassed and won't stand for it", you have adequately demonstrated your true feelings and intent here. You are on a "mission" to provoke as many males into such traps as you possibly can, thus making yourself feel a little better about being so trifling. As Matthew said, it really does sound like a sad and unhappy life.
I DO feel your pain. I understand the frustration of trying to "break through" in a discussion that is relatively meaningless and not being heard. I feel it every time I try to discuss the state of affairs with a Democrat or Republican. The difference here is I know when to stop beating my head against the wall.

I advise you heed my statement about trying to se things from another's perspective. Your life will be much less full of the controversy you bring to it.
I followed my own advice here. I TRIED to see it from your perspective. Problem is, your perspective is hostile, ignorant, reactionary and arrogant. THAT'S precisely why I took the time and energy to stand up to you. You assume men should "do their homework" when none of it makes any difference to anyone but you. As I told Ms. Bonghit (I still crack up over that one!), if you wish to be treated as an equal and be part"of the gang", you must adapt to the gang. The gang is NOT going to adapt to you.

Like it or not, the "car world" is a man's world. That's not a sexist statement, it is a statement of fact. 99% of all the technicians, engineers, racers, even backyard mechanics, are men. Women are most welcome. They simply don't try to get involved. Shit-disturbers, male OR female, are not welcome.

Never make the mistake of asssuming anyone that disagrees with you is a sexist or chauvenist. You lose all credibility when you throw that card. Some people disagree with you simply because they believe you to be wrong. I know for a fact, that's MY position. I say the same thing to rednecks that believe women should be subserviant, or that blacks are inferior, or any other rediculous "politically correct" or self-serving concept.

I read you bio today for the first time. As "home maker" (did I mention I was a "single mom" for 4 years?), you have no specific knowledge in the automotive field. You owned some Mustangs. That does not qualify you to offer advice on Chevrolet engines. Unless you actually did the work on the Ford engine, it also does not qualify you to remark on the Ford, aside from personal experience.
If you have something constructive to offer regarding atomobiles, GREAT! If not, just read and learn, and keep your crusade to yourself. There's a tremendous amount of knowledge here and on other boards. But you'll have to put up with MEN to benefit from it.

You, too, have worn out your welcome here.

I will not respond to this thread again. Have a wonderful life!

Jim
Old 10-28-2005, 04:19 PM   #38
anitabonghit
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPbody
Ms. Hit...

So, voicing an opinion involves name calling? Maybe in the third grade... Based on your comments about combining different brands of cars clearly illustrates you have no concept of race cars or automotive technology in general. It's done ALL THE TIME, without any of the little "quirks" you have described. There were no less than 5 Chevy-powered Mustangs at Richmond Dragway last time I was there (3 weeks ago). ALL of them were faster and quicker than ANY Ford-powered car there that day. If you are going to contribute to boards, don't base it on myth and superstition. If someone asks for an opinion, give it without condescension. If they ask for informatioin, unless you have something constructive to offer, STFU.

I avoided addressing your rediculous and ignorant remarks about racism calling my wife a "German". Germany is a country, NOT a source of ethnic background. A German is a citizen of that country. My wife is very proud of her German heritage and citizenship. She maintains her German citizenship because of that pride. She loves the USA, and the opportunities and freedom it allows. But she is a loyal citizen of her country, and I support her completely in that. For you to purposefully misconstrue that to mean something derogetory is absurd. As for her age, well, German women don't think like American women. They have an entirely different set of "hang ups" (everyone has "hang ups", not just women, so don't go there). They do not include being insecure about their age, nor do they include being self-righteously indignant over jokes and inuendo. They usually laugh at jokes. They also have a generally healthy outlook towards sex. It's not a "tool" or a "means to an end". It's what two consenting adults do to have real fun and share their love.

You still have no concept of a sentence of paragraph. Wanna talk about making statemetns that are "useful"? You take her side, but when her words are used against her, you jump the fence. Not a competition? You're absolutely correct. Then, why is it okay for her to gloat about "winning"? Pick a side...

The words "sexual harrassment" are very serious in today's hyper-sensative world. For Rhonda to level the accusation at me, AFTER she had done so to another, shows a very clear double standard, whereby the "minority" (not accurate, as the population is a bit over 51% female) assumes they are allowed to do or say whatever they want without fear of retribution, yet will point the finger at anyone that would challenge them. It was she and you that read into my comment "sex". I made no reference to it. It seems you two are the ones pre-occupied with it, as it seems to be your entire argument. It has been my experience with women (as you have shared your experiences, I can as well), that they are either extremely frustrated or "batting for the oither side" when they play these games. And make no mistake, it IS a game. As I told Rhonda, I tell you: You don't fool me for a second.

As this IS a public forum, it is bad form to begin your relatioinship with the board members by calling names and hiding behind phony "poor me" BS. It is just as rediculous to be insulted because someone didn't read your "bio" and be held accountable for that. We (most people on car boards) don't read bios until we have need to contact an individual.
Because MagicRat didn't read her bio, she calls him out for it, like this a classroom and we're all children. "Don't you see how insenstive that is?" No. I see how hyper-sensative SHE is. The reason he didn't know she was "female" is because NOBODY CARES what gender ANYONE here is. MagicRat is one of the more knowledgeable and helpful people on this particular board. By alienating him (yes, he's a MAN), you have effectively cut yourself off from his expertise. That expertise is WHY most come here, to learn from others. Matthew said it clearly in virtually every post he made. We are here to exchange information. If our approach to that doesn't fit your feminist eutopean views, TOO BAD! DEAL with it! You or Rhonda are not going to change the way things get done, here or anywhere else. As I said earlier, if you want to be equal, and accepted as "part of the gang", you must adapt to the "gang". The "gang" is not going to adapt to you.

Most car guys LOVE it when they meet car gals. This is not gender or sexually related. There are too few females out there willing to get their hands dirty (a necesary part of being a car "person") or to learn what "quench" or "compression ratio" even mean. When one shows up at the track, she will attract a crowd, even if she's not "attractive". She will get help from all the racers, just like the men do.

I never said I didn't like the name you gave yourself. In truth, I DO like it! That's why I added the humor statement. It IS funny. It's just that no one will take you seriously with it.

You don't like my "name"? Do you have a clue where it comes from? Do you think I really care whether or not you like it? Do you even have a clue what a "P-Body" is?

Just go on to the next site where you can take sniper shots and cry "foul" when someone challenges you. You've worn out your welcome here.

Jim (no quotes, that's my real name)

hey jim,
since reading your last post,i can only conclude that this has been a useless battle.i probably will not post again on this forum,unless i see you or someone else letting their mouths run away with them.i will be checking in from time to time,however,just to see how things are going.i have noticed that very few men invite in-depth conversation,especially with a woman.they seem to not want to be bothered with it as if they have no time for anything we would have to say,whether its right or not.and why is it a woman can suggest something,and men wont accept it until they have had ample time to make it seem as though they came up with it themselves?i guess it must be that ''superior gender'' image they all have secretly sworn to uphold.
just to let you know,i was married to an automotive mechanic for 23 years.i learned a thing or two about cars along the way,not only out of boredom,but because as i said,he didnt seem to have much time for anything else.his days and most of his nights were consumed with working on cars,looking for cars to work on,or talking with his fellow wrenchbuddies about working on them,where to find them or anything else pertaining to cars.i have never been nor will i ever be ''afraid to get my hands dirty''.not only have i assisted in numerous engine rebuilds,transmission rebuilds and changes,rearend work,ect,but i also worked in nursing homes for a number of years.i raised 3 children to adulthood mostly by myself(because the car HAD to get done) and lived with a virtual wrecking yard scattered throughout my house for as long as i could remember.i finally divorced him when(among other things) i couldnt stand to talk about cars any longer.and while i appreciate the beauty of a roaring musclecar as much as the next guy,there just comes a point where you must sit back and reevaluate your priorities.well gentlemen,and ladies,i have done that and im sorry to say that obcessing about cars,no matter how fast they go,was not even on my list.
also jim,quench means to retard or slow something,such as quenching a spark plug so it isnt so hot.the compression ratio is the difference in compression between BDC (bottom dead center)and TDC(top dead center)and that determines how much energy(horsepower)the engine is putting out.oh and im glad you find my name humorous.i guess yours isnt so bad either...for a mopar fan.have a nice day yourself
Old 10-29-2005, 12:51 PM   #39
Mustanglvr_GTCS
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPbody
Rhonda,

Your husband agrees? Or he just tells YOU that to keep you off his back. No self-repecting man would allow his wife to push him around any more than he would push HER around. I pity him. My wife pities YOU. No one is as sour as you without having some axe to grind. And, BTW, Matthew wasn't insulting your husband, he was insulting YOU! You're just so wrapped up in yourself, you missed it.
You allusion to the potential of my abusing my wife or daughters is a personal insult. I have a mind to sick my daughter on you. You would be so outclassed in an intellectual capacity it would frighten you. And, as you brought her into it, she would take it personal.
Since I raised her to be her own person, and NOT fall victim to anyone or anything, she would certainly have something to say about my being chauvenistic in any way. We used to joke that kidnappers would either kill her or pay us to take her back. Yup, one would surely have their hands full if April was pissed! That's my girl! She's 24, rather attractive (a proud Papa says, anyway), and in the process of getting formally educated. I look forward to her completion of education and the films she will make may change lives. That's her intent, anyway. At 24, many of us had good intentions. Some, and some more than others, get sidetracked. I doubt she will. It has been her dream since she was 10, to direct movies. She is following that dream, mainly from my encouragement.

Anita "Bonghit" is a fictitious character, made up by a man, just to keep this thing going. I'm sure most reading find it quite entertaining. But you probably didn't get that, either. Never a stool around when you need one...(:-

Yes, I have an attorney. I use one in business matters from time to time. No, you could never be my boss. I own the company. I AM the boss. No, no females work for me. None will do this kind of work. It's either "beneath" them or too "icky". If a qualified applicant showed up, they would get equal consideration, regardless of race, creed, color, national origin or gender. The key word there is "qualified". You can't read websites or magazines and be qualified to work in this industry. You must get educated in the technical specifics, put in the time, pay your dues, AND get your hands dirty, just as if you WERE a man... That's what "equal" means.

So, all of this was precipitated by your insult out of the blue, based on your completely emotional and ignorant opinion of Chevrolet engines. Matthew announced you as the "winner" and you immediately grabbed it. Sounds pretty immature to me! Maturity is not aged-based. It comes from growing up. As he said, we are not in school, and we are not being "graded". There is no winner in this kind of "discussion". Only degrees of losing.
I think he (Matthew) handled himself quite well for an adolescent. You ridicule him for being 18. That too, shows a lack of maturity on your part. If you really HAVE been married for 18 years, you should have been beyond that about 17 years ago...

You mention in one of your posts "logic". Are you aware that no human is capable of pure logic, regardless of gender? It's true. Mathematics is the closest thing we on this planet have to true logic.

So you think I would use your lack of education against you. Well, I won't. No need. You've aptly demonstrated your lack of concern for anyone but yourself. I've known people with Doctorate degrees that have the same issues. I've also known illiterate men (no, no women) that are among the best automotive technicians I've ever known. That does NOT mean there ARE no women like that. It means exactly what it says. I (personally) don't know any.

I still find it humorous that you rely on supposition and fabrication to make your "case" and sidestep all the points that really illustrate this entire issue. Perhaps you should ask YOUR attorney, where the sexual harrassment lies in my statement. They will note the absence of the word "sex" anywhere in it. I might be talking about KNOWLEDGE. As I never stated my intent, you would have an impossible time proving ANYTHING. But, by telling us all you've "been sexually harrassed and won't stand for it", you have adequately demonstrated your true feelings and intent here. You are on a "mission" to provoke as many males into such traps as you possibly can, thus making yourself feel a little better about being so trifling. As Matthew said, it really does sound like a sad and unhappy life.
I DO feel your pain. I understand the frustration of trying to "break through" in a discussion that is relatively meaningless and not being heard. I feel it every time I try to discuss the state of affairs with a Democrat or Republican. The difference here is I know when to stop beating my head against the wall.

I advise you heed my statement about trying to se things from another's perspective. Your life will be much less full of the controversy you bring to it.
I followed my own advice here. I TRIED to see it from your perspective. Problem is, your perspective is hostile, ignorant, reactionary and arrogant. THAT'S precisely why I took the time and energy to stand up to you. You assume men should "do their homework" when none of it makes any difference to anyone but you. As I told Ms. Bonghit (I still crack up over that one!), if you wish to be treated as an equal and be part"of the gang", you must adapt to the gang. The gang is NOT going to adapt to you.

Like it or not, the "car world" is a man's world. That's not a sexist statement, it is a statement of fact. 99% of all the technicians, engineers, racers, even backyard mechanics, are men. Women are most welcome. They simply don't try to get involved. Shit-disturbers, male OR female, are not welcome.

Never make the mistake of asssuming anyone that disagrees with you is a sexist or chauvenist. You lose all credibility when you throw that card. Some people disagree with you simply because they believe you to be wrong. I know for a fact, that's MY position. I say the same thing to rednecks that believe women should be subserviant, or that blacks are inferior, or any other rediculous "politically correct" or self-serving concept.

I read you bio today for the first time. As "home maker" (did I mention I was a "single mom" for 4 years?), you have no specific knowledge in the automotive field. You owned some Mustangs. That does not qualify you to offer advice on Chevrolet engines. Unless you actually did the work on the Ford engine, it also does not qualify you to remark on the Ford, aside from personal experience.
If you have something constructive to offer regarding atomobiles, GREAT! If not, just read and learn, and keep your crusade to yourself. There's a tremendous amount of knowledge here and on other boards. But you'll have to put up with MEN to benefit from it.

You, too, have worn out your welcome here.

I will not respond to this thread again. Have a wonderful life!

Jim

So does your wife know that you`re favorite things in life are Pontiac race cars and women, MrPbody?
I noticed you did`nt say just one woman.
Ha, ha you lose!
Old 10-30-2005, 07:40 AM   #40
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanglvr_GTCS

I was insulted (understandibly) when someone referred to me as Buddy. I feel that person was in the wrong when they did`nt do their homework, before posting, to find out who they were even talking too. I felt that that person was profiling me as a male, for being on this automotive website. That is something that only a true chauvenistic pig would do.
Well, in the last few days, things have really gotten out of hand here.
My previous post was as follows:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plastikboy, you are a complete idiot.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, buddy, take it easy on the abuse, okay?
Plastikboy is simply asking a question and inviting opinion. Sure you can disagree with his statement, but there is no reason to be insulting to him personally or his wife.

Remember why we are here, to discuss cars in the spirit of community and friendship, regardless of any difference in opinion.

First of all, when I called you 'buddy' I did know your posted name was Rhonda, and I had assumed you were a woman.
I considered changing my post, and eliminating'buddy' but I did not because to me 'buddy' is a gender neutral term. I deliberatly treated you equally, regardless of gender.
Please note you requested equal treatment a couple of pages back.

If yoiu found this offensive, you have read a meaning into it that simply was not there. I thought this might happen, so I stuck smilies all over the post. Any informed forum user knows the function of emoticons.

I posted this because I found your initial post mildly offensive. Furthermore, your personal attack on plasikboy did contravine the rules of conduct on this forum, and might result in your being banned, and I really do not want to see any auto enthusiast being banned.
And no, this is NOT a public forum, (as you say) it is private and is the personal property of its owner. The owner or mods can ban people for contravening the rules of conduct as they see fit.

Go ahead and review my posts. I have nearly 3000 posts, the vast majority of which are helpful technical tips to others to solve their problems and discuss issues. MrPbody and mine69olds have similar records of conduct, especially MrPbody, as he has many years of experience in the field.

I cannot help but notice that all you have done here in your few posts is stir things up for pointless arguments, then declare losers.

Well, we should have known this was your agenda/hobby. Your reply to my post on page one was 'whoa these's life on this forum'
Life to you seems to mean personal arguments.
I can only assume you derive pleasure in arguing on the internet. Some of us do not. We have lives to lead, jobs to do, family to love, spouses to be with, children to raise, homeowner projects to do, cars to work on and generally improve ourselves.

IMO arguing on the internet is pointless and demeaning. If you had not stated that I am a male chauvenist pig, ( a truly ugly term and one that, if you knew me, would be quite the opposite of who I am) I would not be bothering to write this, so do not bother to point out the hypocracy.

I do not care to argue further. You have already amply proved that you are much better at pointless arguing and vicious personal attacks than the highly skilled automotive technicians that post here.

However, I respectfully suggest you review your destructive need or desire to spend time arguing on the net.
Someone who behaves like you do may have serious personal issues and/or a dysfunctional personal life that need attention.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:14 AM   #41
Mustanglvr_GTCS
AF Newbie

Quote:
Whoa, there is life in this forum. Thats good to know. But who are you to talk MagicRat, when you have sick profanity in your signature? By the way, you should check out my profile before you pass judgement on me Buddy.
Well, I noticed you got rid of the sick profanity in your signature. Thats good.

When I supposedly insulted Plastikboy and his wife, it was just a joke! I thought it was very funny. You gentlemen know all about jokes don`t you? It was more of an insult to Chevy. You people have all been the ones that have banned together in a personal attack on me. It was just MY OPINION PEOPLE! I have a right to my opinion just as much as you. You gentlemen are just as guilty for keeping this arguement going, so if I have any disfunctional issues going ,then all of you must have too. I also have children to raise, businesses to run and a life to lead. I have been on alot of forums and have never been treated like this before. You all have a problem with me and it does`nt have anything to do with what I said to Plastikboy or because I defended myself when someone assumed I was male. It goes deeper then that and you all know it. I think it was when I told Mines69Olds that he would`nt win. Thats when you all banned together and decided I was`nt wanted here. Well, I`m not going to go away. Its just not that easy. I also have a great track record of posts on other forums of all kinds and I have never run into a bunch like you, LOL. You seem to think you represent this whole board. Well you don`t.

"I`m still trying to see your point of view but I can`t stick my head up my ass that far"
Heres some smilies for you MagicRat,
Oh BTW, don`t be insulted by the smilies. Remember, thats what they`re here for.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:40 PM   #42
Mines69Olds
AF Regular

First of all I'm not backed into a corner at all. I like how you have to resort to "my husband wants to meet you cuz he says he wants to stomp on your little balls.LOL" thing. I like how you try to insult my manhood and try to scare me. Well it didn't work. It makes me laugh that you would stoop that low. Also I am not crying because I am 18 I am wondering how you do not get what we are trying to say with so many years under your belt. In no way am I trying to insult your lack of schooling. But you said "When I supposedly insulted Plastikboy and his wife, it was just a joke! I thought it was very funny." Then Rhonda You are a complete idiot a moron in fact!!! How do you like them apples? Oh yea it is a joke...

As for you Anita I'm sorry you do not see our message either. As Anita said "i appreciate the beauty of a roaring musclecar as much as the next guy". Rhonda you overlooked a simple sentence of Anita's. The next guy implying male. I see no slander to her name. Why is she allowed to say it but when a male says it all hell brakes loose.

Both of you need to realize that we all had good intent here. This didn't start with us being "male pigs" as you believe. I'm sorry you two didn't get it but hopefully someday you will see the error of your ways.

Last edited by Mines69Olds; 10-30-2005 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:16 PM   #43
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Quote:
Well, I noticed you got rid of the sick profanity in your signature. Thats good.

When I supposedly insulted Plastikboy and his wife, it was just a joke! I thought it was very funny. You gentlemen know all about jokes don`t you? It was more of an insult to Chevy. You people have all been the ones that have banned together in a personal attack on me. It was just MY OPINION PEOPLE! I have a right to my opinion just as much as you. You gentlemen are just as guilty for keeping this arguement going, so if I have any disfunctional issues going ,then all of you must have too. I also have children to raise, businesses to run and a life to lead. I have been on alot of forums and have never been treated like this before. You all have a problem with me and it does`nt have anything to do with what I said to Plastikboy or because I defended myself when someone assumed I was male. It goes deeper then that and you all know it. I think it was when I told Mines69Olds that he would`nt win. Thats when you all banned together and decided I was`nt wanted here. Well, I`m not going to go away. Its just not that easy. I also have a great track record of posts on other forums of all kinds and I have never run into a bunch like you, LOL. You seem to think you represent this whole board. Well you don`t.

"I`m still trying to see your point of view but I can`t stick my head up my ass that far"
Heres some smilies for you MagicRat,
Oh BTW, don`t be insulted by the smilies. Remember, thats what they`re here for.
Okay, I'll bite. You seem to crave attention from men, so you'll get that from me, this time.

So, that smilie was known as 'nutkick'
Nice. Very mature.
Your posts show someone who has some serious issues with respect for others and common decency. Do you do this in your day-to-day life?
No??
It's thrilling the shitty stuff the anonimity of the net allows you to do, isn't it?

It's not that you see offense when none is intended, but you get off on abusing people. And doing your abuse routine on a forum with mostly male participants must give you extra kicks. That's some perverse past- time you have there.
Are you raising your kids to do the same?
Shame on you for such abusive posts!

I wonder, if you have such a great track record on other forums why you are here and not there? Banned maybe? Or perhaps everyone there now avoids you like you are plutonium because you are so offensive.

Personally, I find anyone who posts such slimy, abusive comments like yours to be simply sad and pathetic.

As for my profane signature, I change sigs on a regular basis. Don't flatter yourself, the change has nothing to do with you.

I have had enough of you, Mustanglvr. I'll avoid posting in anything you participate in, until I see an attitude change.

So, you've won!!!! Congrats!!!!
Enjoy your mental illness on your own, please and thank you.

Last edited by MagicRat; 10-30-2005 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:34 PM   #44
sub006
AF Enthusiast

I like early Mustangs, particularly the 64 1/2 through 66 variety. I don't think they'll ever look old. My high school girlfriend had a new 67 fastback (guess that dates me pretty good) while I drove 64 Vette I still have.

Based on my observations of street driven and raced vehicles, and while working at the dealer level, the average pre-1980 Chevy small-block ran better and longer than the same era Ford small-block.

Nothing wrong with putting a fresh (or freshened)289 or 302 in your wife's car; they are good engines. But if you are uncomfortable changing plugs, starters, water pumps, etc. on a non-bowtie I'm sure there are motormounts, bellhousing adaptors or conversion trans mounts, headers, etc. and plenty of instructions on how to proceed with a Chevy installation. And you can get 350 inches for the price of an equivalent 302!

It's YOUR car and this is America, do what you want. Understand though, that you will be in for plenty of additional work and headaches and lower resale value if you create a "cross-dresser" 'Stang.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:12 PM   #45
Mustanglvr_GTCS
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub006
I like early Mustangs, particularly the 64 1/2 through 66 variety. I don't think they'll ever look old. My high school girlfriend had a new 67 fastback (guess that dates me pretty good) while I drove 64 Vette I still have.

Based on my observations of street driven and raced vehicles, and while working at the dealer level, the average pre-1980 Chevy small-block ran better and longer than the same era Ford small-block.

Nothing wrong with putting a fresh (or freshened)289 or 302 in your wife's car; they are good engines. But if you are uncomfortable changing plugs, starters, water pumps, etc. on a non-bowtie I'm sure there are motormounts, bellhousing adaptors or conversion trans mounts, headers, etc. and plenty of instructions on how to proceed with a Chevy installation. And you can get 350 inches for the price of an equivalent 302!

It's YOUR car and this is America, do what you want. Understand though, that you will be in for plenty of additional work and headaches and lower resale value if you create a "cross-dresser" 'Stang.
And I present to you another one that has absolutely no clue.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical