Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 01:55 AM   #1
cicris
AF Newbie

Post Survey about the latest developements in automotive industry

Hello community,

I’m studying Business Management at the Technische Hochschule in Ingolstadt.

My purpose is to collect some opinions to the following question:
What is your opinion about the latest developements in the automotive industry? To which extent does the digital transformation (autonomous driving, car-sharing, E-mobility) jeopardize the contemporary cars?

I’m curious to read your answers! Thank you for your participation!

Kind regards
Christina Seiler
cicris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 02:55 PM   #2
Dave B.
AF Regular

Re: Survey about the latest developements in automotive industry

What is your opinion about the latest developements in the automotive industry? To which extent does the digital transformation (autonomous driving, car-sharing, E-mobility) jeopardize the contemporary cars?

I'm an older driver, so my opinions may differ significantly from most on this forum.

For me, some changes are good but others seem to be the use of new technology for its own sake.
Driving today is far removed from its origins and even from when I began driving in the middle 1960s. There isn't much adventure left and driving certainly doesn't equate to increased personal freedom like it previously did. I'm actually put off by most of the electronic gizmos that are touted as being 'necessary' today. I really don't want - or need - things like electronic parking brakes, lane departure warning buzzers, push-button start, heated seats and steering wheels, etc. To me, they're just sales gimmicks; but it's nearly impossible to find a new car that doesn't have at least some of them as standard equipment. As far as autonomous driving cars go, it's probably a natural progression, but I wouldn't buy one. Car sharing is not a bad idea, especially in cities where parking is at a premium, but it has no attraction for me. The subject of E-mobility also doesn't interest me - but then again, I live in a semi-rural area where its impact would be marginal at best. Will all of these trends eventually cut down on the number of new cars sold? I'd say 'Yes' - but so will other trends like increasing numbers of people who can work from home and the rapid rise of e-shopping.
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave B. For This Useful Post:
zeayeto (01-07-2020)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General