Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 05:01 PM   #1
Pollywog24
AF Newbie

Humming Noise From Front Right Tire B4000 4x4

Recently I've been hearing a humming or almost rubbing sound coming from my front right tire, almost the same sound you would hear with an aggresive tread on the tire, I've taken the tire off and taken a quick look at the hub lock and the bearing but cannot find anything that looks wrong. It's a 1994 B4000 4x4 SE. Would appreciate any help.
Pollywog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
wtousand
AF Newbie

Re: Humming Noise From Front Right Tire B4000 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollywog24
Recently I've been hearing a humming or almost rubbing sound coming from my front right tire, almost the same sound you would hear with an aggresive tread on the tire, I've taken the tire off and taken a quick look at the hub lock and the bearing but cannot find anything that looks wrong. It's a 1994 B4000 4x4 SE. Would appreciate any help.
My front bearings made a sound like you describe. The factory forgot to put grease on the inner front wheel bearings on my '94 B4000 SE 4x4. I apparently made it about 12k miles on the greasy film that bearings are boxed with. During this first year, my local Mazda dealer would not warrantee the damage; said I should have had them re-packed although service interval recommended at 25k. They were never in water or any kind of abuse. There was some minor damage where the races had turned on the spindle. I had a private shop replace the inner bearings and re-pack all. The outer bearings were fine, of course. The inner bearing races had turned blue already.
wtousand is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter