Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 07:30 PM   #16
freeway4885
AF Newbie

what about the wings west kits and the kaminari kits. i know those are polyurethane and they are pretty damn pricey from the site itself even though you can find them cheaper ($800-$1300). how is the quality on those kits, looking to get one for my next car soon.
freeway4885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 04:54 PM   #17
djrolo
AF Newbie

Re: Re: What kind of body kits are there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
Ground Designs 2000 has one of the best quality kits in the US market. I would choose their kits over any poly urethane kit any day. (if I liked their look).
Sorry to tell, but that is total bullshit. GD2000 have shit quality! Happen to have an original GD2000 BW II rear bumper, just arrived last week, and it's crap. Material is very thin, when you push with 1 finger it allready cracks...
djrolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 06:21 AM   #18
Silverbolt
Exterior Guy

Send a message via AIM to Silverbolt
Re: Re: Re: What kind of body kits are there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrolo
Sorry to tell, but that is total bullshit. GD2000 have shit quality! Happen to have an original GD2000 BW II rear bumper, just arrived last week, and it's crap. Material is very thin, when you push with 1 finger it allready cracks...
You'll notice this happens with almost all large business and corporations. They get really big... and once they're big, they lower quality and keep the high price because the quality got replaced by the big name. Sorry to hear that Ground Designs had to be one of those companies that got greedy. My knowledge of body kits is not up to date, so its pre BWII kits. When there were just BW kits, and even as far back as their Street Fighter kits.

"The only stupid question, is the question not asked."
Silverbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 06:24 AM   #19
Silverbolt
Exterior Guy

Re: What kind of body kits are there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeway4885
what about the wings west kits and the kaminari kits. i know those are polyurethane and they are pretty damn pricey from the site itself even though you can find them cheaper ($800-$1300). how is the quality on those kits, looking to get one for my next car soon.
Kaminari, and especially Wings West are understood to be high quality kits. With this understanding, their kits would less prone to problems from normal, or low quality urethane bumpers. Most of the time... you get what you pay for.

Old 03-22-2004, 06:35 AM   #20
Silverbolt
Exterior Guy

Re: Re: What kind of body kits are there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22ek9
urethane kits (dependeing on the manufacturer) have a tendency to deform in the wind but when you hit a speedbump you don't see it won't crack and look lke shit. Fiberglass on the other hand can (and on many of the cars here in washington) look like crap. I had a JDM Bomex kit on my 96 hatch and it was perfect. Light Strong and "flexible" . why i say "flexible" is because it had it's limits. it could take speed bumps and I got hit on my drivers side, it didn't crack, only the mounts broke.

I beleive Japanese kits call their kits FRP (Veilside, Bomex, JIC, etc...) Fiberglass reinforced plastic.

Many of the chep kits here look all wavy when they are installed too. Perfect fitmant is important because when they modify the bumper to fit your car if it doesn't pefectly fit, the lines won't line up and it may be bent and look crappy.

Keep in mind when you pay a small amount for bumpers, there is a reason. Dont go cheap, it will show.
There is a certain amount of bumpers that can come out of one mold before it is tossed. What alot of companies will do is get greedy and sqeeze out as many bumpers as possible before creating a complete monstrosity. The first ones will be near flawless (according to their measurments), and as it goes on the limit, they become worse... and thats where you will see the waves in cheap body kits. Usually they're cheap because they're sold as defective or lower quality to the shops... and the shops will then turn around and sell it to you for full price... and the shops make more money, and the manufacturer made more money on kits they shouldnt have made... the only person that got screwed is the consumer.

High end, well known manufacturers and shops with good reputations will know to sell only good quality kits... and thats why they're more expensive. Manufacturers will keep a low number of kits produced from one mold... and toss it before any defects would happen.

Old 06-08-2004, 11:31 AM   #21
DINO2003
AF Newbie

how is a fiberglass front bumper mounted
DINO2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 08:32 PM   #22
GTR...GTR...GTR
AF Enthusiast

the same way any other bumper is.
GTR...GTR...GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:12 AM   #23
scubawrstlr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to scubawrstlr Send a message via MSN to scubawrstlr Send a message via Yahoo to scubawrstlr

I live in wisconsin...not many people around here have cars with the body kits and such. However I would like the stand out as an elite here. I can't find any places around here that sell body kits so my only option is buying offline. Where can I find quality body kits? I bought an import tuner magine and found a few places that looked good, but I'm a newbie here so they all look great. Please help my car.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:14 AM   #24
GTR...GTR...GTR
AF Enthusiast

See sig
GTR...GTR...GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:29 AM   #25
scubawrstlr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to scubawrstlr Send a message via MSN to scubawrstlr Send a message via Yahoo to scubawrstlr

awsome thanks, a lot!
Old 09-01-2004, 04:17 AM   #26
WBRSPTSJP
AF Newbie

bodykit

Hey guys, just wondering if you have heard of Webersports, Japan. I've been seeing them everywhere in the car shows in Japan, especially in the last year or so. Do you know where I can get them?
WBRSPTSJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 04:51 AM   #27
$p33d_d3mon
AF Newbie

a freind told me about sniper front bars and they sound pretty good
$p33d_d3mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:29 PM   #28
LasVegasTuck
AF Newbie

Angry

i have the wings west polyurithane kit for my 91 SI hatch. i think it sucks. i have this sag under each one of the headlights. not only that its difficult to line it up with the body lines.
LasVegasTuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:19 PM   #29
zwoodz
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to zwoodz

im planing on getting AIT racing Z3 style fenders and my friends keep saying that it will look rediculous on my honda prelude. does anyone else have fenders on their honda, or do you know if they look good
zwoodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:16 AM   #30
91 CRX ZC
AF Newbie

I got a urathene or how ever you spell it, body kit on my crx. Ive noticed that they are infact more flexable than any other bodykit ive ever had on any car of mine. However, I must say that aftermarket parts never line up as well as stock. (or at least thats the case for me) There always seems to be some sort of the body kit needing customizing, or whatever, to fit right.
91 CRX ZC is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting