Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis
Mustang Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
not auto smart
AF Newbie

Got a 2003 GT few months back, radio and engine skip

Well i got a 2003 i think, it's the 100 year ford anniversary and unless I'm not as good at math as i thought that should make it 2003, either way I'm not too great with cars, I had to replace one of the tie rods with the help of my dad and his friends who are a bit better with them than myself, now whenever I put too much onto the accelerator in 3rd gear and up it kind of skips, or misses, im not sure which, the car seems like its moving back an forth, I asked my dad about it and he said there was nothing wrong but the problem only started maybe 1 month ago, it has also stalled on me 3 times randomly, but its a 5 speed and i can be distracted when driving so that might be my fault, but i know that im not shifting too soon and causing the skipping problem, ive only had one car before this and it was a 5 spd too, a v6 stang and i know what that feels like and its different, and whenever the car skips around like that the radio kind of fades in and out or outright cuts off, from the little i know about cars i would think that it is an alternator problem, but i honestly dont know, anyways thanks for any help in advance.
not auto smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:18 AM   #2
jon_kasper
AF Newbie

Re: Got a 2003 GT few months back, radio and engine skip

I'm having the same issue with a 2000GT. Seeing that this post is 5 years old, I'm not really expecting a reply but what was your solution?

I'm thinking a bad ground, alternator or wires/plugs/coils... the check engine light hasn't come on yet, it's been going on for about a week now.
jon_kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:44 AM   #3
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: Got a 2003 GT few months back, radio and engine skip

Because of the electronic shift control, I would suspect alternator going out and/or battery going bad. A bad battery can cause the alternator to not always give enough juice to the other components as it is trying to compensate. A bad alternator might not be keeping up with charging and at times the battery gets also low during those rpms. Take it to a AutoZone or Advance parts store and they will test your charging system and battery for no cost to at least eliminate that as a possibility.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote