Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sienna
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
dave2001auto
AF Newbie

Emission control EVAP canister hose connections

I was getting a P0442 (small leak) and when to a mechanic. He said I don't need to repair it immediately. Said the canister needs replacing $50 diagnosis charge). Estimate is $400 for the canister and $100 labor. Running a year witht eht check engine light. Then year later and SMOG check time now getting a P0441 , P0442 (small leak) and P0446.

The VSV for EVAP and for Pressure Switching test good. The VSV for canister is not holding vacuum when 9V battery is applied, so needs to be replaced. The The 2 hoses without the canisters hold vacuum with the engine side plugged.

The hoses on the canister are not connected as shown in the service manual. The air inlet port on canister (hose label #2 on my picture) is connected to the EVAP service Port/to VSV and manifold. The Purge port (next to the large vent line) is connected to hose #1 to the VSV at the air filter.
That doesn't agree with the manual.

Is the manual wrong or the hoses not properly connected.
I have a picture, but don't know how to attach it.

Here' s a link to the close up with labeled hoses:

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/...t=resized3.jpg

Whole canister and hoses picture:

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...o/DSC05588.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003SiennaEVAPlines.jpg (43.5 KB, 2 views)
dave2001auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
dave2001auto
AF Newbie

Re: Emission control EVAP canister hose connections

I sure that the hoses came that way from the factory cause there were different colored paint in the hoses and carbon canister and one of the hose would be short to connect the other line.

The VSV on the air cleaner is 90910-9030, but not in the current Toyota parts list. The TSB EG013-3 sep 29, 2003 has 90910-12209. Did not hold the vacuum hold test with VSV activated.

VSV on the canister is 90910-12264. Dorman makes are replacement 911-601, but the one I got was defective (leaked for pressure hole).

The line near the charcoal canister to the VSV for EVAP has a large bend, the places the tube below the first line. So the EVAP line appears to be the first line, but is actually the second in the series of 4 lines. Anybody else have this on their Toyota?
dave2001auto is offline   Reply With Quote