Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 08:48 AM   #1
cepstein
AF Newbie

Lightbulb Dashboard Lights

I do not know if this has been discussed, but I thought I would add it due to my recent problem with a 2002 Xterra (Manual Transmission) One evening the dashboard lights as well as the rear tail lights went out, a fuse blew. When I took it too the dealer he proceeded to tell me that it could be a problem to find the problem. I told him to work on it for 2 hours. He called me after about 1 1/2 hours and told me he found it. The rear trailer harness was in need of replacement. I told him to do it and to write on the bill "Found short causing rear lights and panel to blow fuse" He did it and said that it was totally fixed. Picked the car up that evening and was driving home, suddenly the panel lights went out. I checked the rear lights and they were also out. Took the car back in the AM since his work was guaranteed. He proceeded to tell me that it will cost additional money to find problem. I told him that he must either credit me for what he did yesterday or find the problem again. He said that he would find the problem. He called me about 2 hours later and told me he found it the new harness was faulty. He replaced it and I picked up the car again. Drinving it home ZAP out it went again. I returned to the dealer in the AM and I was pretty annoyed. Again he told me that it would cost extra. I told him to shove it and fix it. I called Nissan and explained the problem. About 3 hours later the dealer called me all apologetic and said they have found the problem and it was not the hitch wire. SO I WILL SHARE WÏTH YOU the problem. If your rear lights and panel constantly go out. Check the emergency brake area where the harness comes through. There is one wire that rubs on the metal and if you always use your emergency brake you will wear off the insulation. and it will short against the metal. This is why they could fix it and think it was fixed. When you travel with the car and it goes over a bump the wire hits and Zaps the fuse. I hope that this might help some other frustrated owners with the same problem
cepstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:22 AM   #2
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

Re: Dashboard Lights

Thanks!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail