Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 02:15 PM   #1
lance3113f
AF Newbie

spacers

ive got a 2001 xterra with a 3 inch suspension lift along with a 3-pack aal's in back...after installing the lift the back sits much higher than the front, more than standard, ive had the lift for several months to alow for settling of the springs...i can not get the front to even come close to the ride height in the back. i know that the x is supposed to have a slight pitch down in the front...but mine is extreme. my question is, putting on half inch ball joint spacers. i think this will alow me to get the front up to where its supposed to be while maintaining the proper spacing from the bump stops. has anyone tried ball joint spacers?
lance3113f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 01:41 PM   #2
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

Re: spacers

As far as I understand they're only for changing the angle of the ball joint due to a lift, not creating extra lift. I've seen a few ball joints ripped out of the UCA's from people using them (granted they were stock UCA's), but I really wouldn't take the risk. If you've got a finger's space between your bumpstop and UCA then that's as much lift as you're gonna get.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:44 AM   #3
ChuckH
AF Enthusiast

Did you install the extended length shackles too? If so, just remove those and it should level out. The 3 pack AAL alone shouldn't do what you describe.

As far as using spacers, just don't. Aside from potential problems Schludwiller mentioned, you will overtighten your torsion bars which will put more stress on them, not to mention make the ride intolerable. It will also increase the CV joint angle from borderline problem to sure problem. Infact, if you have the arms all the way up now against the lower bumpstops you are already starting their accelerated death!

It's definately better to remove lift from the back than to add to the front!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail