Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 12:15 PM   #1
Antitree_hugger
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Antitree_hugger Send a message via Yahoo to Antitree_hugger
Cool 2" body lift installed

Well I got it installed this weekend, the install went smooth, and looks very nice. here are a few pictures.

removing the seats and extending the transfer case shifter

removing the stock radiator support and fitting the new one

fitting the rear bumper back on

after cutting away the stock radiator mount

putting the ARB back on

this last one is a really crappy picture of the X after it was all done (except for putting the KCs back on)

Antitree_hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 01:41 PM   #2
Mike H
AF Newbie

I am sure you did a great job, but do you have any pics taken during daylight? Or software that will lighten up your images? Not being a prick, I just want to see the end result of your work.
Old 11-06-2001, 01:53 PM   #3
Antitree_hugger
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Antitree_hugger Send a message via Yahoo to Antitree_hugger
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike H
I am sure you did a great job, but do you have any pics taken during daylight? Or software that will lighten up your images? Not being a prick, I just want to see the end result of your work.
nope. I will get some more pictures later. As for the work there is really not much, the only real "work" is the radiator drop. The kit supplies a bolt on solution but we decided to weld in the lower support. The guy who did the welding welds for a living (I got lucky there my welds are shit) If you want I can get some close ups of it this weekend.

Ben
Old 11-06-2001, 01:56 PM   #4
Chris_McCracken
AF Regular

source?

Great pics, ATH! Just a couple quick Q's (and I apologize for jumping in late in the game if this has already been covered): Where'd you get a 2" body lift? I've heard that SLR and EOE are both working on them, but have not heard of any finished products yet. Was it a piece-together kit? Also, how'd you get the ARB right? Did the kit have a bracket, or was it custom work?
Chris_McCracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 01:58 PM   #5
Maddog
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Maddog
Thanks for the pics ATH, gives me a good idea of what I'm getting into with mine. Turns out UPS fucked up the shipping on my body lift and it got sent back to AC. Looks like the problems fixed now though and I should see it in a few days. A couple questions concerning your intall. Did you custom fab a bracket to refit your ARB? From the final pic it looks as though your ARB is flush with the body. Also, why did you find it necessary to weld the radiator bracket in place? I figured that would be the bulk of the work when installing the lift. I've been thinking about simply cutting the lip of the fan housing and using a shorter radiator hose to reduce the slack in it. Goth, a fellow MAXCer, did this and hasn't had any overheating problems. Thanks

Dog
Old 11-06-2001, 02:05 PM   #6
Philosopher
AF Enthusiast

I was under the impression that a 2" BL didn't need to drop the radiator. I thought that was what Goth had said ... ?
Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 02:10 PM   #7
Antitree_hugger
AF Regular

The ARB is just below the body (sorry can't remember the measurement right now)

right now the ARb is on but I am not done making the brackets yet. The ARB is held in place with four
tungstan(sp) alloy bolts (20,000# shearing rating) placed all the way through the frame.
Old 11-06-2001, 02:11 PM   #8
Maddog
AF Enthusiast

I don't really think its necessary either after talking to Goth. However, when I was working with Nissan Mike to get this 2" B.L. together, he wanted to include it in the kit. I doubt I'll take the time to drop the radiator after seeing Goth's success, but I'm waiting for my kit to arrive before deciding. As mentioned in my previous post, IIRC all Goth did was use a shorter radiator hose because the slack in it after the body lift resulted in its contacting of the idler pulley.

Dog
Old 11-06-2001, 02:13 PM   #9
Antitree_hugger
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Philosopher
I was under the impression that a 2" BL didn't need to drop the radiator. I thought that was what Goth had said ... ?
Well the kit comes with everything to drop it but I think if you leave the fan cover off you do not need to drop it. I live in an area where it gets to 110 regularly so I wanted to have it on.

As to why we wlded it on the support that AC sends is help in place by 2 self taping bolts, we decided to take the time to plasma cut and weld the new support in place (just not comfortable with two little sheet metal screws holding up the radiator)

Ben
Old 11-06-2001, 02:15 PM   #10
Antitree_hugger
AF Regular

Re: source?

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris_McCracken
Great pics, ATH! Just a couple quick Q's (and I apologize for jumping in late in the game if this has already been covered): Where'd you get a 2" body lift? I've heard that SLR and EOE are both working on them, but have not heard of any finished products yet. Was it a piece-together kit? Also, how'd you get the ARB right? Did the kit have a bracket, or was it custom work?
The kit is from A.C. (www.4x4parts.com)
Old 11-06-2001, 03:34 PM   #11
superjens
AF Enthusiast

Hey Hippie_treelover, any gaps in the wheelwells now?
Old 11-06-2001, 04:35 PM   #12
Antitree_hugger
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by superjens
Hey Hippie_treelover, any gaps in the wheelwells now?

if you mean between the body and frame, then yes and no

in front the flaps still work, in back you can see all the way through ;-)

Last edited by Antitree_hugger; 11-06-2001 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:47 PM   #13
rhombus
AF Enthusiast

I suck at this stuff but here goes:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bens-pics-12.jpg (97.6 KB, 615 views)
rhombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 08:59 PM   #14
Maddog
AF Enthusiast

Shit, I think that looks damn good man. Of course, I know nothing about manipulating pics

Dog
Old 11-06-2001, 10:27 PM   #15
xoc
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Antitree_hugger
in front the flaps still work, in back you can see all the way through ;-)
Time for some Lift Lips