Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > SRX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 11:45 AM   #1
2kflhr
AF Newbie

drove a new SRX for a week! Here is my review

I put my Yukon in the shop for some repairs at my favorite dealership , Arnold Palmer Cadillac. They gave me a new SRX loaner to drive. Here is my take on it on a scale from 1-10.

1) Handling - 8 - Not bad, it cornered well for it's body design.

2) Performance - 8 - Not bad either however, For being advertised at 325 hp it felt a little de-tuned compared to my wifes '97 Eldorado ETC with only 300 ponies. My so's car could easily run circles around it.

3) Braking - 9 - Good braking characteristics. One of it's stronger points.

4) Fuel Mileage - 6 - It didn't get the fuel mileage I'm use to in the so's car. I averaged about 17-18 mpg and the so's averages about 21-22 mpg. I drove the SRX in the same manner as my ETC (excluding a few blasts).

5) Comfort - 7 - Could be improved, I liked the layout but felt restricted somewhat. This could be due to the fact I'm use to driving my Yukon.

6) Road Noise- 6 - Thought is was a little loud for a Cadillac.

7) Sound System - 6 - It was O.K. nothing to really brag about.

That averages out to a 7.1 in my opinion. I would not pay the sticker price of $49.900 though.

I'f they offered to give it to me and I had to keep it in exchange for my '99 Yukon..... I'd keep the Yukon..

Make no mistake I'm not flaming Cadillac as I (errr, my wife) am on my 2nd Eldorado and think they were both fine cars. I've owned SUV's a Blazer ('81) and Yukons ('92&'99) since the mid eighties (before they were cool) and may have grown accustomed to their roominess.

Dennis the Menace
2kflhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:09 PM   #2
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gonenuts15792 Send a message via Yahoo to gonenuts15792
Re: drove a new SRX for a week! Here is my review

Hmm, your the first person I've heard to give the SRX a bad review. When an import biased automotive magazine says the SRX is Luxury SUV of the year than it must be great. The Stereo is rated as a top 10 radio in a edmunds review. Its been praised for its performance and handling and also for the quiteness. Sounds like you need to stick with your SUV.

gonenuts15792 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > SRX