Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Datsun > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 06:33 PM   #1
msd18
AF Newbie

79 datson 620

i just bought a 79 Datsun 620 was sitting for 10 years just put a lot of wrench time into it and money when I first got it it did not run. I got it to idle nicely but after aboue 2 mins the engine starts letting some some white smoke probably just stuff on the engine block but thats not wat bothers me wat bothers me is when the white smoke starts from the engine compartment the truck stalls. any ideas?
msd18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:32 PM   #2
msd18
AF Newbie

Re: 79 datson 620

wow seriously 31 views 0 replies this has to be the worst forum ever for automotive questions shame cuz till I can get it to run I cant get to mechanic. which means if any mechanics are reading this then ur hurting ur own kind but not helping me get this running.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #3
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Impatience won't help you get answers any faster. You posted on a Friday night. Every forum I have been on for the last 16 years is slower on the weekends. There are thousands of users on this site, just because you got 31 views doesn't mean one of those viewers were going to be able to help you. Would you rather someone with no real clue offer "help" or wait a few days and get real good advice?

Your post doesn't really help itself either. Saying "after running 2 minutes it stalls" is just like me saying my car is making a noise, what is it?

In order for us to help you, you have to help us with giving more information. After it stalls does it restart easily? Does it start to chug before it stalls? What other things have you done to try to rectify it?
Old 10-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #4
msd18
AF Newbie

it varys after it stalls it wont start for at least 3 mins when attempting to start after it stalls it does make a chugging sound but when it stalls it is idling even high rpm with my foot pressed in alil not a lot but just abit to make it rev alil, both actions cause it to stall, it does nothing before it stalls. ive used carb cleaner, replaced fuel filter and fuel pump, replaced all bad hoses, what I cant understand is why it idles so beautifully and without warning stalls after about 1-2 mins of running. and sorry for being impatient but I got less then 2 weeks b4 snow comes and I wont be able to work on it at all during the winter so trying to figure out wat my problem is with this car b4 the snow begins.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #5
msd18
AF Newbie

and even bad help is still a idea someones bad help may point me to the part that isnt working right u never know, I got common sense so even bad help is some help.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:39 PM   #6
msd18
AF Newbie

so appears it was my throttle postion sensor.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:15 AM   #7
Crvett69
AF Moderator

you replaced it and problem is fixed?
Crvett69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Datsun > General Discussion