Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 09:21 AM   #1
jennbk28
AF Newbie

Toyota Echo 2000 O2 Sensor Help/Advice

Hello everyone!

I am looking for help/advice on what I should do or if I have been given the correct advice regarding my 2000 Toyota Echo. This is the 1st foreign car I have owned, let alone a Toyota and I'm already having problems.

A few weeks ago my check engine light on my Echo. I saw no problems with the way the car was running and didn't have the extra money to get it looked at so I decided to wait. I thought bringing it to Pep Boys here in Connecticut would be cheaper than the dealer. I guess I wasn't expecting them to quote me such an outrageous price. I decided to take their quote and try and get a 2nd opinion. I may be just over reacting but hope it's not true, if so I will deal with paying. UGH! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My car has 49,258 miles. This is what Pep Boys said I need to do and the cost:

Complete Fuel System Cleaning - $139.99
R & R Sensor, Oxygen Rear - $82.00
R & R Sensor, Air Flow - $41.00
Upstream O2 Sensor - $224.50

With labor they are telling me it's gonna be $600.00+

Does this seem right? Do I need to get all this at once? Would my warranty cover any of this? Please help if you can.

Thanks so much!

Jenn
jennbk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:17 PM   #2
ToyotaTech1
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ToyotaTech1
Re: Toyota Echo 2000 O2 Sensor Help/Advice

What is sounds to me is like a pep boys diagnostics. First off what you need to do is figure out why the check engine light came on. You need to find out what codes were stored in the computer. I bet its a DTC P0171 which is a system lean condition in bank 1. What Pep Boys is trying to do is cover their ass. They are trying to sell you everything that could be a possible cause to that code as referred to on the dtc chart. If it is in fact a p0171 all you would need is the airfow meter this is a common problem and it usually only runs about $150 from the dealer do not buy pep boys imitation meter.
ToyotaTech1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk