Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 12:56 AM   #1
blureal
AF Newbie

Thumbs up where is thermostat located

how to change thermostat
can someone tell me how to change thermostat in 1995 transport SE 3.1 ....this is what is happening.....when engine gets hot and i stop the engine, white sudzy stuff comes out of the top of the radiator overflow jug...now this is when i turn engine off...also noticing that heat in van works sometimes and not others...the water and antifreeze in the overflow jug looks like its bubbling or bowling...can someone help...am i doing the right thing by changing the thermostat and where is it in the van...thank you.

ps i already put new rad cp on...thanks
blureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:27 AM   #2
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Re: where is thermostat located

THis lets me thing of air in the cooling circuit, thus airlock. Air in the heater core , even hot, does not carry a lot of heat. And changing the thermostat will not do better....and....I hate to write this given all what you posted about this car....may be it is not "air" , but CO2.......you know, the stuff they put in coke to make it bubble...that byproduct of combustion......exhaust I mean....ehhh....blown head gasket.......
If this is the case, take off the radiator cap, make sure it is filled to the rim, and let the engine run...and look: stray exhaust would pop bubbles and bubbles from the radiator....
Sometimes (?!?) removing the valve covers and tightening the head bolts will alleviate the problem.

Anyway, I wish I'm mistaken; thermostat is near distributor

www.avigex.ca/xport/thermostat31.jpg

and the bolt on the top of the housing (not shown on drawing??) is what one removes when filling up the coolant to let the air escape .
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport