Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
tpjankowski
AF Newbie

How to drain Condesor Water??

I've been getting water on the floorboards. Clean water. I had the head gasket done and had asked the mechanic to clean out the drain because water was leaking into the floors. Well he didn't. I can't see the hole in the firewall. I've been told many things about were it's at. But, still can't figure it out. It's a 2003 Chevy Venture.
tpjankowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:11 PM   #2
mjgrantham
AF Newbie

Re: How to drain Condesor Water??

If you are still looking for an answer on this, the drain tube barely sticks out of the passenger side firewall where it's covered with insulation. The drain tube itself is very short and is likely missing the 90° rubber drain extension that channels water away from the firewall and down. I've had two of these vans with this problem. Water dripping out of the tube gets wicked back into the interior along the tube itself, right into the foam padding, from the force of air as the van is moving. From underneath, feel up the firewall until you get to the insulation and then feel around as you go up. You'll feel the drain tube. I used a PCV elbow I got at Autozone for $5 and glued it on. First I roughed up the drain tube using a tiny screwdriver so the glue had something to hold onto...tedious but worth it if you can do it. Here is one of many threads I found on this issue and the parts available to fix it yourself. http://www.automotiveforums.com/t725..._in_floor.html

Just make sure you lift up the carpet and let all that water dry completely! Mine took 2 days in hot weather using towels and a fan. Prop up the rubber/foam insulator that goes up the floor pan incline to let that dry also. Good luck!
mjgrantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:27 AM   #3
sergeimoskva
AF Newbie

Hi!
Maybe it will interest you.
sergeimoskva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:46 PM   #4
mjgrantham
AF Newbie

Great pic! This is super helpful. I would have preferred to use the GM/AC Delco part if it was available when I needed it, but when I discovered the problem I needed to fix it ASAP. Thanks to another AF member's post, I used Dorman p/n 47028 (Chrysler PCV elbow) which fit perfectly although it doesn't extend as far downward as I'd like.
mjgrantham is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture