Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > GTV
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 03:37 AM   #16
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by pimpin4profits
I would love to own a gtv6, BUT being in the US all I can find is the older cars, and even though I like them a lot parts have to be a pain in the ass. i dont think i could afford to keep one! i think they have always been pretty gorgeous cars!

The current GTV is unavailable in the US- but older models are good- VERY expensive to maintain and unreliable as hell- but a mind-blowing drive

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 08:37 PM   #17
JaySee
AF Newbie

Talking That's not a V6

That is not a V6 in the first picture... it's a 2 litre - there's no bump in the bonnet...

To see some damn nice GTV6s - real ones with the driving wheels where they belong, go to http://www.gtv6.org

Regards,

John

--
Melbourne, Australia
GTV6 Grand Prix, 1987
--
JaySee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:28 PM   #18
TIM145
AF Newbie

Re: GTV6 picture

I'm a big alfa fan, and always will be, as the guy above said, thats not the v6, the v6 has an airdam in the bonnet, and is more aggresive looking!!

The GTV6 is still one of the greatest alfas of all time, although my personal favourite was the DTM spec 155!
TIM145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 04:32 PM   #19
mtnbkgtv6
AF Newbie

Re: GTV6 picture

The picture is of an Alfetta. It's basically a 4 cylinder GTV-6 that's more prone to rust. Alfettas are 70's cars that replaced GTV's in the states and were replaced in the 80's by the GTV-6.

GTV-6's are actually pretty cheap to own. I've had three GTV-6's all in the 2-4k range all of them decent cars. Maintenance costs are more pricey than many cars, but not necessarily rediculous. If you like to work on your own car than you can do most anything yourself on a GTV-6. Parts are very easy to get a hold of as there are many dealers in the states. Although some parts cost more initially, you'll end up spending the same or less by doing the labor yourself. As for reliability, a crappy alfa is as unriable as any other crappy car. If you get a decent car, learn about, and know what you have your alfa won't be any more unreliable than any other car. I've driven one GTV-6 across the country twice and another about halfway across the country with no problems.

If you would like to learn more about the GTV-6, check out:

http://www.hiperformancestore.com/ItalianCars.htm

If you'd like to buy an alfa in the Northeast, well I've got one of my three for sale. Check out:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/show...147#post219147

I'm glad to see the interest in Alfas. I was interested in Porche 944's when I started learning about the GTV-6 and discovered I could have a car in the same class for less inital costs and much less maintenance costs.

That's all for now,
Aaron
mtnbkgtv6 is offline   Reply With Quote