Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 01:15 PM   #46
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Prius--my view

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfc0rnd0g
you guys ever hear of biodiesel? people are doing wonderful things with vegetable oil combined with diesel. and it's either free or very close. not sure of tailpipe emissions, though

Unfortunately this is just a sand in public eyes.

They started first using and promoting this in Austria.

Yes, there is potential in this,?but ultimately it is not earth friendly from final perspective.

If everyone would keep their oil from cooking and then collect this in dedicated reservoirs and then fill this in their cars then partly this thing would work. But this ended sooner then people even considered
(some do collect oil and save but this is small percentage) doing this.

So now they are making and planing special plantations for seeds dedicated for this bio oil,

In the world that is deliberately destroying food, this is complete nonsense and makes no difference in ecology at all. So Fuel Cell?Hydrogen,CNG,Hybrid,are way to path.

There is also "compressed air" technology, completely ready for use, but industry have actually purchased the same just to be able to delete it for next 20 years. Sad world indeed, where Oil is worth the blood.

Last edited by Volken; 06-15-2004 at 03:51 PM.
Volken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:42 PM   #47
Auto_newb
AF Enthusiast

Re: Prius--my view

I heard that Toyota will make their next Supra a Hybrid! Hopefully the HP numbers will be like the previous Supras.
Auto_newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:52 PM   #48
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Compressed air

To date compressed air technology has been a failure. Simply put the connection between temperature and molecularpressure is an immense problem. There is no doubt that the ultimate answer for now is low sulphur diesel fuel used with very economical diesel engines. Vw has gone the wrong direction with this and their common rail diesels get lower mileage than the older models. The Hybrid movement will stall after Bush is elected because it is more of a political statement in this country for Kerry. The fact that their (the hubrid) real mileage is so much lower than the advertized mileage has doomed the Hybrid.
mauleskyrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:07 PM   #49
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Compressed air

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauleskyrocket
To date compressed air technology has been a failure. Simply put the connection between temperature and molecularpressure is an immense problem. There is no doubt that the ultimate answer for now is low sulphur diesel fuel used with very economical diesel engines. Vw has gone the wrong direction with this and their common rail diesels get lower mileage than the older models. The Hybrid movement will stall after Bush is elected because it is more of a political statement in this country for Kerry. The fact that their (the hubrid) real mileage is so much lower than the advertized mileage has doomed the Hybrid.

Oh, this compressed air, made by Swiss engineer is working and is bulletproof.

In fact they are selling for small markets as engines for agriculture, all tested and ultra reliable.

Car Industry, however all share interest in sale cake, and this is way they can't afford this technology.

It would upset present money making system.

Diesel is only future for increase of more lung cancer associated symptoms.

FSI, and alike direct Petrol direct injection are present future.

Hybrids are fine but when looking from point of energy, they are still in the same basket of regular cars because their power is still created from petrol.

In perfect world, by energy of wind made power then distributed to Prius would make Hybrids truly oil independed

For now this is the future : http://vwvortex.rely.net/artman/uplo...scaled_600.jpg

Bush will never again be elected because what his daddy promised to him, same Monsanto promised to Kerry, you are our man. You can quote me on that, and remember when you go back to these lines when Kerry is next man to swim like Bush in pool of corporate interest. This is allready decided,votes are but the game for masses.

Last edited by Volken; 06-26-2004 at 06:20 PM.
Volken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 06:24 PM   #50
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

U.s.

Volken. Stop it. Of the following, you can be sure. The Prius is not what is advertized. The U.S. is the greatest country on the planet. The U.S. military is the best on the planet and God Bless all of them. Compressed air is not the answer. The Prius is not the answer. Kerry and pinkos are not the answer. All this should be self evident to an intelligent person like you. Why not start a poll and see if others agree.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:45 PM   #51
Auto_newb
AF Enthusiast

Re: U.s.

Yes, the US is the greatest country in the planet, the rest of the world is living in a dump. Oh, and nor the Prius nor compressed air is the answer. Diesel is the answer !!
Old 06-27-2004, 02:41 PM   #52
Volken
AF Regular

Quote:
Volken. Stop it. Of the following, you can be sure. The Prius is not what is advertized. The U.S. is the greatest country on the planet. The U.S. military is the best on the planet and God Bless all of them. Compressed air is not the answer. The Prius is not the answer. Kerry and pinkos are not the answer. All this should be self evident to an intelligent person like you. Why not start a poll and see if others agree.

Well, you try to present your own thoughts about Bush as whole US.

I don't think so.

Even with Gore it was 50/50 votes and with votes scam daddy secured votes to his Junior.

As for size, I consider myself citizen of the world, never cared about limitless observations of nations, nationality and so on. This is all tribal vocabulary of limitations humanity presently reside.

I don't have any friend in states that supports your man and rest of the world is appalled with present reputation of this great country, and all thanks to this man, your man.

You polls show lower support then ever for his actions.

So please, if you have your own reasons and agendas to love him do so, but please don't lose objectiveness to presence and present your own feelings as feelings of entire US.

None of the candidates are good choice because they are all chosen by companies and lobbies.

Kerry is no better, after all he is relative to Bush. So I couldn't care less who would be the one.

But Kerry is chosen, I look forward to see your responses when he is elected, but I gather you will avoid then to reply to message about this topic, that is for sure !

Mauleskyrocket, you should try to expand your horizons by traveling more and perhaps learn one language, then you will understand that whenever in history a country starts talking : "Entire world is against us" - Problems lays inside that country.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:54 PM   #53
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Re: U.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_newb
Yes, the US is the greatest country in the planet, the rest of the world is living in a dump. Oh, and nor the Prius nor compressed air is the answer. Diesel is the answer !!
Auto_newb,

Your writing abilities are too advanced for me.

"In the planet" ????

Yes, grammar can be tricky when in state of arrogance.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:26 PM   #54
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

volken

Perch.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:46 PM   #55
Volken
AF Regular

Re: volken

Quote:
Perch.
Where exactly, or perhaps another comment of supremacy?
Old 06-30-2004, 07:29 PM   #56
Auto_newb
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: U.s.

Hey I was being sarcastic, you know what I meant!
Old 07-02-2004, 07:09 AM   #57
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: U.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_newb
Hey I was being sarcastic, you know what I meant!
Well pardon my comment then.

To some people TV is only source of shaping their knowledge about world we live, sadly.

Your comment reflected (then) such person.

I'm glad I was wrong.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:20 AM   #58
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

4th

Have a happy fourth everyone. You too Volken.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:38 AM   #59
Volken
AF Regular

Re: 4th

Quote:
Have a happy fourth everyone. You too Volken.

Same to you Mauleskyrocket
Old 07-04-2004, 05:40 AM   #60
Volken
AF Regular

OK, owners of Prius vehicles out there known and unknown here.
Actual drivers, owners that do actually own and drive this car.

Could someone clarify autonomy of Prius based not on raw petrol consumption but also how much does electro-motor benefits overall savings in mileage?

For example, I hear you can drive up to 25-30 km/h speed on electro motor engine, but for how long?

What is the longest period you could (with moderation) drive on electro-engine, before petrol would switch in charge?

Also Mauleskyrocket, we would like to see a few pictures of your baby Prius.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General