Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 09:44 PM   #1
jellyfish1234
AF Newbie

Angry BMW service indicator still ON after service maintenance?

In some cases, even when you have done the maintenance service, the service light still ON, and display the number of miles or amount of time until the next required service interval, so you would need to turn OFF it manually. While the process will vary slightly depending on the model, trim, and model year of your BMW, and my example here is BMW 5, F10.

Preparation work:
Step on and release the clutch if it’s manual transmission.
Keep the car still
Parking brake ON
Shift to N for manual transmission
Shift to P for Auto

For turn on the service indicator yourself, you need a tool to do it. I use my Topdon Artipad.

Choose Oil Reset---> 5 Series--->5`_F10/F11/F18, you would need to choose the correct chassis.

Then in the software reset menu, there are options like engine oil, front brake, vehicle test, brake fluid, vehicle test date change and so on. I would use engine oil and vehicle test date change as example.

Tap on engine oil--->yes, done !!!
Tap on vehicle test date change, there will be a recommended date on screen, just input that date, and this is done.

Is this just so fast and simple? You don’t need to drive to dealer’s to let them do this work and give them easy money.
jellyfish1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
bmw , indicator , maintenance , oil , service
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series