Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > X3
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 01:53 PM   #1
Paul328
AF Newbie

Steering Angle Sensor

My sister has a 2008 BMW X3 3.0i

She recently had some work done, the front driveshaft failed. It was a recent purchase so the mechanic said it was most likely already broken when she bought it but not showing symptoms (Thanks BMW Dealer)

When she drive, especially when starting off from a stop the 4 X 4 light comes on and there is a slight grinding noise from the front end, but not every time she starts off. We thought the front driveshaft replacement would fix this but it hasn't. The brakes, rotors were also replaced. All oxygen sensors were replaced, air mass flow sensor and valve cover gaskets were replaced.

The car also tries to die when this occurs (Startup Assist failure?)

We have seen several videos, some say to remove the sensor altogether and you will just have a 2wd vehicle and others say to access it through the steering wheel, remove and clean it.

Before I start taking apart steering wheels, I would like the groups opinion.

Usually happens in first gear, all lights, signals, wipers and cruise works. So we don't think it's the SZL Module.
Paul328 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > X3