Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
BugZilla
Authorized Vendor

'05 K/M Dutch GP Batman

Ok, Maybe I am going out on a limb here, but I figured since I was doing the '01 NSR500 and would have the white paint out already, I would clean these resins up and put the Renaissance Batman decals on them.

Once again, we have decals printed by interdecal. Look out Cartograph, these decals are super nice. The instuctions are the usual Renaissance and have a color printout with numbered decal placement.

I have the resins soaking with the others and will get them cleaned up tonight. Hope to have some primer and paint on tomorrow.

Dave

P.S. Scanner is not working, otherwise I would have scanned the decals and instruction sheets.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Re: '05 K/M Dutch GP Batman

My God, Dave... You are really out on thin ice here...will you really finish these off ;-) Great choice of two beautiful bikes though!
/Joel
Old 06-29-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
BugZilla
Authorized Vendor

Hey Joel,

I was thinking about that last night when I had 2 kits, 2 transkits, detail parts and reference material laid out all over the table, floor and counters. Actually, I was feeling pretty good until my wife walked by, rolled her eyes back in her head and made some comment about seeing me next year. Then I started wondering if that was a bad thing

I got most of the resin washed and sanded last night. I prepped both sides of the fairings, as I am going to try out Renaissance's new CARB3 decals for the inside of the fairings. See, I told you I couldn't build something straight out of the box. Will shoot some primer today to see what else need touching up before spraying the color.

On thing about resin, do not sand it if there is not good ventilation, that stuff is definitely not good for your lungs. One indicator is, if you can smell it while you are sanding it, you are breathing it. Get a dust mask, go outside, or use a vanilation system to suck the dust up.

More in a bit.

Dave
Old 06-29-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
ajthomas75
AF Newbie

Those Batman Decals look sweet Dave - are you selling them ?

Adam.
ajthomas75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:53 PM   #5
ajthomas75
AF Newbie

Don't worry mate...... If I actually got off my ass and checked your website I would have seen for myself that you had them in stock - very tempting...... I think I'll be ordering the Transkit and Decal set off you in the next few weeks.

Adam.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #6
desmo16
AF Newbie

Hi Dave,
What paint will you use to match the blue rims? I have read where one builder in Italy painted the wheels white and then 'built up' to the correct shade by applying Tamiya clear blue (X-23?). This does work, but according to this modeller, it does take many coats. I'm lazy and looking for the quick fix! Any suggestions?
Michael Mone'
(Toronto, Canada)
desmo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:26 PM   #7
BugZilla
Authorized Vendor

Hey Adam, Hope things are well. I'll have a set waiting whenever you are ready for them.

Michael, Good question. I was thinking about the paint the other day when I was looking at some reference pictures and so far I have come up with absolutely nothing. The instructions say Blue, thats about is, but I don't have them in front of be at the moment. I might stop at the paint store with the decals Monday morning after I get off work and see if I can find a match. Unless the master paint analyst has any ideas, Dave T, any thoughts.

Dave
Old 07-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #8
ajthomas75
AF Newbie

Hey Dave,

Is there much difference between the Transkit parts and the original plastic kit parts ? (in terms of shape and detail ?)

Adam.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:31 AM   #9
BugZilla
Authorized Vendor

Hey Adam,

Yes, all of the fairings and seat cowl are different from the '03 parts. In fact, some of the transkit parts are not correct and I am making some changes on those too.

Dave
BugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:46 AM   #10
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Hi Dave and Adam

Maybe this link will help you , you can see how Max improve the resin parts to make correctly the 04 version.. it is a bit the same as the 05 versionhttp://www.motomodeling.com/Howto/04REPSOL/index.html

Honestly.. i think that this kit of Renaissance is not exact like the orinigal bike... for example... the most of the shapes of the cowls..(i'm not sure because i don't have the pieces but i saw pictures) but i have to say that the work with the putty is awesome.. anyhow i don't know if the kit of the Max's site is from Renaissance or CGM but you can check it with your resin piece if your pieces coincide now you know where change the shapes

Bye!
Roca46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #11
BugZilla
Authorized Vendor

Hey Roca,

Yes there are some diffrences in the Renaissance kit compared to the actual bike and the '05 is very similar to the '04 in respect to the fairings.

Some of the changes I will be making and have started on are,

1. The air intakes on the front cowl.
2. Minor reshaping of the front cowl and fairings.
3. The Ductwork on the inside of the fairing.
4. Gas tank and airbox
5. Reshaping of the seat cowl
6. Pro-link swing arm and suspension.
7. About 50 other things I haven't come across yet.

Thanks for sending the link to Max's '04 build, I had forgotten about that and it might come in handy for some of the changes.

As I progress, I will add the information on the changes I am making. I hope it will be benificial, as your Aprilia has been an inspiration in showing how the changes are accomplished. If I made the changes, painted it and called it done, something would be missing.

Dave
BugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:13 PM   #12
slightfan
AF Regular

The bike on max's site isn't the Ren T/K,it's one that he has done himself ,as front fairing in max's one is one piece while the Ren one is three which is only one difference.
Have been a bit slack on the moviestar one i,m doing weather has been a wee bit cold (snow and frosty last two weeks)to spray paint,only spray outside as wife complains of smell
slightfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:46 PM   #13
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

So it's that many changess that have to be done huh? Pretty crappy T/K in that case.... Must I add I have it myself...
/Joel

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes